Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Heating/Cooling system controls on 93 coupe

L

lelandschultz

I am having a small problem with the controls, mainly the air conditioning. I have a 93 LS1 coupe and when hitting the off button, it won't always shut off. I have to play around, by hitting the other level controls and then the off button before it shuts off and that doesn't always work.
Also, if I select a button other that AUTO, it is hard to get it back on auto.
Has anyone had this problem?

Small world isn't it.

How do you like this site so far?

I'm glad you started using it, I don't think you will be disappointed.

Ken
NAFTA CCC

Fancy meeting you here.

I guess it is a small world. Hope things are going well. I haven'
t posted a pic yet as (believe it or not) don't own a digital camera yet.
Will be soon.

SAME PROBLEM here. I posted a similar question a few weeks ago. I have a 1996. I also noticed sometimes when in the Auto mode the light above the Auto is dimmer but sometimes is just fine. I was told that the push button unit on the dash is really just a wired remote for the head unit buried somewhere deep in the dash. I was also told if you take the dash face plate off and remove the button part and clean the contacts of the wiring harness beteen the two it will work fine again. Please let me know if this works. I have not tried it yet.

No Digital Camera?

A Computer techhead and no digital camera. What is this world coming to.

Turn in your pocket protector, your out of the nerd club.

Ken

No because I have had the top down and the climate control on off I have not done anything yet. I was playing with it today however. I find Auto and ReCirc always work as does off and the auto and manual blower control work. The floor only vent bi level and windshield defrost mostly do not work. BUT sometimes everything works fine. I tried pulling the 1 and 18 fuses (A/C fuses) to see if it would re set but no. I was told it is a wiring harness contact problem but dont have balls enough to pull the dash panel and dig into it. I will no doubt let the dealer diagnose the problem and give me an estamate on the fix.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom