Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Heavy Duty bought a C3

TODD L GRIFFITH

Corvette
99' MR Coupe, 04' Silverado 03' ZO6 Sold
Where is Heavy Duty? Show us the new pics. of your new C3 Vette. I do still have the pics. you sent me, but I don't want to steal your thunder, so where are you?? ;)
It's very nice btw :upthumbs

Yeah, I've been waiting for more pics too!

Wow! The tax man must have been kind to a lot of you this year as it seems a number of you are scooping up some more vettes! CONGRATULATIONS! Please post those pics so we can share in your excitement! :upthumbs

Here you go. These are from the other thread

TODD L GRIFFITH said:
Where is Heavy Duty? Show us the new pics. of your new C3 Vette. I do still have the pics. you sent me, but I don't want to steal your thunder, so where are you?? ;)
It's very nice btw :upthumbs

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

What do you think?

H.D.

You know what I think - you stole this thing for $13.7. This car is in incredible condition considering the mileage, and the demand ($$) for these cars has really been on the rise the last year or so.
How did you like driving it? I notice you "backed" it in, what's the matter, scared you were gonna smack the back of the garage?:L

Oh man, HD! I love those 78 PC's!

Congrats!
:w
Guy

JJS said:
You know what I think - you stole this thing for $13.7. This car is in incredible condition considering the mileage, and the demand ($$) for these cars has really been on the rise the last year or so.
How did you like driving it? I notice you "backed" it in, what's the matter, scared you were gonna smack the back of the garage?:L

I was surprised too that the guy bidding on it dropped out. I ran a NADA report on the car and it listed the car as being worth between $16,400 - $42,600 depending upon the condition. The lowest figure is for what would be considered a daily driver. Which this car is not. So I would guess it would be worth some where around the middle figure that NADA listed ($26,150). To my suprise, it doesn't consider milage as a defining criteria for value.

The pics were taken Sunday at the house of the guy I bought it from. He is going to trailer it over one day this coming weekend out to the storage site in N. Oxford. I haven't driven it yet but i sure cannot wait. You are right in that it does have a LONG nose on it. i think I get some of those fender poles like you see on the big trucks to let me know where the frontend is:L. I sure like those curves:).

H.D.

Guy said:
Oh man, HD! I love those 78 PC's!

Congrats!
Guy

Thanks guy. I hope to have it ready to go for Carlise or maybe even the little get togather at the Chevy dealer in Salem at the end of May.

I think this is a classic. Now since i have 3, yes 3, vettes I have to make room. So i guess i'll be selling the C4.

H.D.

Heavy Duty said:
Thanks guy. I hope to have it ready to go for Carlise or maybe even the little get togather at the Chevy dealer in Salem at the end of May.

I think this is a classic. Now since i have 3, yes 3, vettes I have to make room. So i guess i'll be selling the C4.

H.D.

There's enough room in that garage for those three and about 10 more. You can't get rid of one, you need to start looking for the next one.:D

Heavy Duty said:
i think I get some of those fender poles like you see on the big trucks to let me know where the frontend is

That's the most politically correct description of those things I have ever heard. Good Job!!

Great looking car HD. :upthumbs
It looks like a real beauty. Enjoy.

Jeff

Heavy Duty said:
I was surprised too that the guy bidding on it dropped out. I ran a NADA report on the car and it listed the car as being worth between $16,400 - $42,600 depending upon the condition. The lowest figure is for what would be considered a daily driver. Which this car is not. So I would guess it would be worth some where around the middle figure that NADA listed ($26,150). To my suprise, it doesn't consider milage as a defining criteria for value.

The pics were taken Sunday at the house of the guy I bought it from. He is going to trailer it over one day this coming weekend out to the storage site in N. Oxford. I haven't driven it yet but i sure cannot wait. You are right in that it does have a LONG nose on it. i think I get some of those fender poles like you see on the big trucks to let me know where the frontend is:L. I sure like those curves:).

H.D.

Looks like I put my foot in my mouth again by writing before knowing all the facts!:)

You're gonna love driving that car H.D.. Get used to people staring at you all the time!:D

You really did find yourself a sweet ride there H.D. It looks immaculate! Love that color combination too, really makes a statement! Guess you won't be home much anymore right?:lou
Congratulations again!:upthumbs
Doug

Heavy Duty said:

H.D.

She's a purdy one, HD..

And as far as the Fender Poles: :nono :D :L
Leave the pop-ups open (vacuum pull under the steering wheel) for a while.. You'll get used to it.. Ver y nice car..

-Stefan

Z28Canuck said:
You really did find yourself a sweet ride there H.D. It looks immaculate! Love that color combination too, really makes a statement! Guess you won't be home much anymore right?:lou
Congratulations again!:upthumbs
Doug

Thanks...I'll have to make sure that I come home in the dead of night and hide the new purchase. Since the wifey seldom visits the garage I think I can hide it from her for at least a couple of months. Then claim that the Z and C4 consumated and had an offspring:L.

H.D.

Heavy Duty said:
Thanks...I'll have to make sure that I come home in the dead of night and hide the new purchase. Since the wifey seldom visits the garage I think I can hide it from her for at least a couple of months. Then claim that the Z and C4 consumated and had an offspring:L.

H.D.
The new pics look great, and wow!!, that car looks absolutely clean!
Well now you have to take a ride down and take me for a spin. Bring JJS with you please. I'll probably be working on my head install today. The new ported heads came back yesterday, milled to 62cc :) and they look awesome! I'm waiting on some new valve seals/seats though from GM, either Monday or Tuesday. Can't wait to get her re-dynoed. I'm very happy for you with the 78'. It looks like you got an awesome deal, good job! A show stopper for sure :beer

I'd love to go, but I have someone coming to look at my house today and tomorrow. I'm selling my house and although we've already accepted an offer, my realtor wants to keep showing the place. Talk about a PIA. We're constantly cleaning and scrambling, but fortunately the house is small.

I'll definitely hook up with you guys when the nice weather hits - I can't wait to see your cars! My car comes out of storage the last week of April/1st week of May so maybe H.D. and I can take our cars for a drive to Middleboro in the near future. - John

JJS said:
I'd love to go, but I have someone coming to look at my house today and tomorrow. I'm selling my house and although we've already accepted an offer, my realtor wants to keep showing the place. Talk about a PIA. We're constantly cleaning and scrambling, but fortunately the house is small.

I'll definitely hook up with you guys when the nice weather hits - I can't wait to see your cars! My car comes out of storage the last week of April/1st week of May so maybe H.D. and I can take our cars for a drive to Middleboro in the near future. - John
Ah, better off taking care of the house thing for sure. Yes, I'm sure when the warmer weather hits, it would be more enjoyable too. lol! I can't wait to see your car too. It won't be any fun if mine is not running anyway. I have about 99% of the parts I need and all the other prep. work still needs to get finished before I can throw the new heads on anyway. So we will see you in the near future. Good luck with selling the house :)

Well now you have to take a ride down and take me for a spin.

I hoping to have tags for it by the time the Hillcrest meet on 30 April. I'm heading home the 3rd week of April so I can be there while the elec. contractor wires my new building. My offer still stands if you need a nice warm place to work on the Z. Let me know and I'll hook the trailer up and run up here. I do have a come-along that we could use if needed.

Bring JJS with you please.

I'll sure do that. John you gotta make plans for the Hillcrest corvette meet the end of April (30 April). We can all hook up and convoy over. Should be a good time esp if Remo and Guy are there. Last year they had BBQ for lunch. I had a great time. Todd should be finished with his Blue Beast by that time and we can check out the finished product. That is if there is no rain. If it rains we'll take the Neon:L.

Good luck with selling the house

Double that John. Hey John do you by chance have a place to park a car trailer? It is the trailer you have seen in my pics of my garage. It is about 18' - 20' long and if you need to use it to move into your new house your more than welcomed to used it. It is low profile and if you use boards in the center you can load the entire trailer. If not, I'll keep it down at Natick again this year. You can PM me.

H.D.

H.D.
I sent you a pm.
I'd love to go to Hillcrest - I'm closing on the house that weekend, and I'm also hoping to get the car back that weekend, so I'm gonna do my best to make it. I missed it last year when I had planned to meet up with Todd. I don't want to miss it two years in a row! -John

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom