Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hedman Hedders Please Help

80vette_ca

Corvette
1980 L82
I can get a real good deal on brand new hedman hedders, but the won't fit if the car has a steering damper inside the crossmember. I haven't been able to find out if my car does. It has power steering on it so if someone can tell me for sure I can either get these soon or I'll have to start looking around for a different set. Any tips on putting these in if I do get them would be appreciated. The model number is 68300. Another question, are my stock heads angle plug heads, because it also says that the hedders will fit them. I really don't want to have to do any modifing to put these hedders on.

I have a 79. Yes our stock heads are angle plug. But I've even installed a set of 461' heads with straight plug and the model of Headman headers I originally installed still fit. I could dig a bit for the part number. All I did was call Summit and tell'em what car, year. They sent the right ones first time. $100. They don't install from the top. I put the car on ramps and bring the headers in from the bottom. One of the simplest projects I did to my car. Still had to have the exhaust guy do his thing. But quite worth it.

I don't know about steering damper interferance. I do have power steering. There's no clearance issue that I've experienced.

http://www.cnw.com/~hotrod/vette/VettePhotos.htm

-Steve

Hey thanks for the help and if you could find that part number that would be great.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom