Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

HEI upgrade

Raul_C4

Corvette
Cherry Red 1986 coupe
I was hoping some fellow 86 owners would help me with picking out a distributor that's computer compatible for my mild engine rebuild
Hopefully one that doesn't have an enormous cap
Thank you

Once Jacobs Electronics stated the only factory ignition that was "fast" enough and had the power to keep up with their ignition system was the HEI, Nuff said.

I plan on using HEI I asked the wrong way. I was looking for an HEI that can perform better than the factor AC Delco
Is there one ? I was wanting to install a holley stealth ram and was hoping to find a small call HEI that has a good reputation

Many people falsely believe that a stronger spark will translate to more power from the engine. It doesn't. The stock GM unit you're already got provides enough zap probably 5 times over. More is not better.

The only aveneu for possible improvement is with a modified spark advance curve, if the stock unit is not already optimized.

I plan on using HEI I asked the wrong way. I was looking for an HEI that can perform better than the factor AC Delco
Is there one ? I was wanting to install a holley stealth ram and was hoping to find a small call HEI that has a good reputation

A small cap HEI with remote coil and computer controlled was used by TPI and TBI vehicles like Camaro's.
Example use a 89 Camaro 350 as a vehicle to input in part searches for a small cap HEI distributor.

Contact EFI Connections and get exactly what you need for the conversion. Tell them you are looking for the wiring harness adapters to convert from your Corvette which had the large cap distributor to a small cap GM HEI distributor and remote coil.

Here is the link to EFI Connections.

Adapter Harnesses - EFI Connection, LLC

Last edited by a moderator:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom