Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hello all I'm new

Ident123123

Corvette
Soon to own.
Brand new to these forums. Highly enthusiastic about buying a 1984 Corvette. Really don't know a lot about cars but a quick learner and am sure this place has a ton for me to learn :)

Hey everybody :w

-Nick

Hi Nick and welcome to the Corvette Action Center!!

You've come to a great place to learn about Corvettes! :thumb

Be sure to check out our Tech Center:

Corvette Action Center | Tech Center

for loads of Corvette related news and info and then post your questions in the C4 forum for help.

Enjoy!
:wJane Ann

You are lucky to have an '84. Congratulations! :upthumbs

You are going to have a great time here!

AFTER BUYING YOUR '84, PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO SAVE THE :w!

i am extremely excited about the corvette :) and will be sure to save the wave. but imagine my surprise thinking today will be like any other boring day of work. when a 05 candy apple red corvette pulls up. and we start talkin shop. nearly makes my day. but anyway a bit about me. I am 18. and i am buying a corvette as my first car. and i dont wanna get skrew so what should i look for to make sure im not getting a piece of crap

Jane Ann, don't we have a laundry list of things to look for when purchasing a Vette? I don't seem to remember where it is located.

Thanks!

PLEASE SAVE THE :w!

Welcome to the forum Nick. :w Hope you get to enjoy your Corvette soon.

Ahhh the good 'ol 84!

In addition to the article that LT4man mentioned (and I do remember seeing that...but dam if I remember where it is)...the '84 is rather unique with the Crossfire system ('82 and '84). Granted it is not the fastest...but hey for its time it was cutting edge, and it did start the trend from emissions-laden lack of horsepower back up to being a formidable player in the modern "muscle" car arena. The thing with the '84 and the Crossfire setup...is knowledge! If you are mechanically inclined, there is plenty of knowledge on this system right here. If you don't intend on performing your own maintenance/repairs, then I would strongly suggest you find a mechanic that you trust that has prior knowledge of the Crossfire system. Its a different animal, but when maintained properly it is extremely reliable, and just downright fun! (of course as all Corvettes are!).

Good luck and welcome!

Bill

WELCOME!!! Glad to have you aboard. You are sure to find tons of info about your 'Vette' on this site. Don't be afraid to ask!

.......... I am 18. and i am buying a corvette as my first car. and i dont wanna get skrew so what should i look for to make sure im not getting a piece of crap..............

You mentioned in your first post that you know nothing about cars and you say the Corvette you're looking at will be your first car. I'd strongly suggest you do some reading in the Tech Center (Click Me), the C4 Technical and Performance Forum (Click Me) and the C4 General Discussion Forum (Click Me) before you even consider buying a Corvette. In the Tech Forum there's also a checklist called Buying A Corvette but you'll need someone very knowledgeable to help you, such as a good mechanic.

Jane Ann, don't we have a laundry list of things to look for when purchasing a Vette? I don't seem to remember where it is located.

Thanks!

PLEASE SAVE THE :w!

Yes. It's in the Tech Center I suggested in Post #5 above.

You mentioned in your first post that you know nothing about cars and you say the Corvette you're looking at will be your first car. I'd strongly suggest you do some reading in the Tech Center (Click Me), the C4 Technical and Performance Forum (Click Me) and the C4 General Discussion Forum (Click Me) before you even consider buying a Corvette. In the Tech Forum there's also a checklist called Buying A Corvette but you'll need someone very knowledgeable to help you, such as a good mechanic.

Yes. It's in the Tech Center I suggested in Post #5 above.
Actually that was the first thing I did. Look up all the information I could get my hands on about the 1984 Corvette. I might know nothing about cars atm, but that has mainly been because I've previously had no reason to learn anything. I always need some reason to learn something new. A nice Corvette is a good reason. ^_^ Anyway I mean there are a couple mechanics I trust. But with a little instruction I could prob do any part of it myself, I'm pretty good at anything I put my mind to.

Welcome to the CAC!

Good luck with the Crossfire. As Geek wrote, once you get your head around them, they are reliable and fun. :thumb

:w
-Stefan

Welcome to CAC!!!!
enjoy!!!

Welcome Aboard. . . . . . . .

Welcome to Corvette Action Center Nick :beer

Bill :w

Thank you all. And from some information I have recieve I have reconsidered the 1984 corvette. Going to get a later c4 most likely. ^_^

Thank you all. And from some information I have recieve I have reconsidered the 1984 corvette. Going to get a later c4 most likely. ^_^

Half the fun is in the hunt, take your time and enjoy it :thumb

Bill :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom