Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

hello from France

frenchkeenan

Corvette
1981 silver gray
Hi everyone... just purchased a corvette 1981 silver gray, red interrior..
It is in GREAT condition, very proud of it. and it is a corvette that was from the US, and brought to FRANCE. but now i purchased it for a good price.. and since i am an american, when i move back to the states, then i will just bring it back with me.. that's wonderfull.....

Just one thing , the car doesn;t want to start, hahahah i tried it , drove it, and i put it on the truck, drove 7 hours, and when i got home, it will not start....

it's been 2 days.... don't know what to do...lol
but i am sooo exited that it doens't bother me... (YET) hahhaha

good to bee here.... will send pics soon....

HI from FRANCe

start with the basics........ is it cranking over and just not starting or completely dead/
if it cranks are you getting spark and fuel?

since you already test drove it before bringing it home, it shouldn't be too large of a problem. if she cranks and she is getting both spark and fuel she should run so chances are one or the other isn't happening.
determine which it is.

good luck

Thanks.. I just had a mecanic at the house.... the spark plugs are dead , the wires are dead.. etc... hope that's all.
well To be continued.....

welcome to CAC frenchkeenan,hope you enjoy the '81 good luck with the starting problem and be sure to check out the L-81 registry,and register your vette,hope you enjoy the forums!!!!!1

hi..

was wondering how to share pics of my newly aquired vette.... or how to add it under my screen name like all the other vette lovers... well here is a pic , hope you all get it.

hello from france...

thank you 67 heaven.. now my vette is up for all to see.... it is better when there is a pic... lol
see you soon.....

so what happened to your no start situation?
did you solve the problem?
i had a similar problem and the coil was at fault

Well all of the spark plugs are not good, the wires are dead, etc... i am picking up all of these parts today... but you know here in France, they cost sooooo much more then in the US. for exemple A set of wires for the plugs are 110 euros. spark plugs are 6 euros EACH lollol
that's crazy money right here... but in order to drive an american car here in France, they want you to pay....
sniiiifffff....... soo i am looking forward into coming to the US in 3 months,and then i could buy some parts for the car......
heading out of the house now, and hope after that it will start with no problem...

i buy everything through the online suppliers. delivery takes time but the prices after paying shipping and customs duty still work out cheaper than that being sold in Europe!
:beer

Welcome to the :CAC

Very nice car you got there. They do make for some head turners over in Europe dont they ? :)

When i moved to the US i took mine with me (bought originally in Germany, after it was shipped from the US).. If we decide to go back, it'll come with me, no doubt. Fit's nice and snug in an 18' sea container.. Couple of mattresses and it's good.. :L

:w
-Stefan

Thanks everyone.... Just got home... a mecanic is coming to the house 2morow and i would say that early afternoon tomorow,i will be cruising down the streets of PAris, in my vette... ALWAYS wanted to do that.... ever since i moved to france.. compared to those little bity cars they got over there....
i will enjoy it even more guys, cause there is one corvette going down the streets, once every 5-6 months..if that... i will be the only one in my town driving the vette.... i am sure going to enjoy the ride, with my boy....
This one was brought from the US about 6 years ago, and now it is an american who bought it and when i come back in the states, i will definatly bring it back HOME....lol
Thanks for all the welcome....

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom