Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hello from the Rainbelt (BC)

GR8ZR1

Corvette
1991 ZR1 Black/Black
Hi Everyone,
Just a hello from BC (Pacific Northwest). Believe it or not, just found out about this site and am impressed with the depth and interest of the participants- great wow factor.

Been into Vettes since my frist fuelie split window coupe bought used in 1968. Have owned a '67 big block, 3 silver anniversay 78 L82s (matching set with my wife), another '63 fuelie which was sold in pieces to somewhere in California in 1999 and my present black '91 ZR1 which I've had since 1995. I've looked into a new Z06 and am still interested - just not enough garage space.

I guess, being a true car nut, I've owned about one of almost every manufacturer of interest such: '68 hemi roadrunner, '65 GTO, '66 Austin Healey 3000, '61 Ferrari 250, COPO Nova 427, Alfas, MGs, Jags, Mustangs, about 60 others - even had a 1967 Dodge 383 magnum 4 speed station wagon to tow my MGB racecar in the early 70s. Still have a '66 Shelby (non replica) and daily drive a BMW M5.:crazy

I am truly looking forward to meeting folks on this site. Learning is forever.

Sorry for rambling and thanks for listening.:v

welcome to CAC!!!!:CAC
hope you enjoy the forums!!!!!!!!

Welcome aboard, Canuck. :w

You've got a great car enthusiast background. Don't be a stranger.

hi bc

welcome to the club, hope you enjoy it. boy you sure have had some insteresting cars over the years. Billy
:) :) :D :) :D

Just a hello from BC (Pacific Northwest). Believe it or not, just found out about this site and am impressed with the depth and interest of the participants- great wow factor.
Hey! Welcome aboard!! British Columbia? Always nice to have a neighbour join up! No rain today but the clouds are flying so low, it might as well be raining.

-Mac

Thanks to you all

Thanks everyone for making me feel welcome. I will now spend the next 3 years just reading all the posts offered here. ;help

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center, GR8ZR1 !!

Feel free to ramble... we allow some latitude to anyone that introduces themselves in one sentence and praises us in the next! :L

Glad you found us and we'll look forward to your participation. This is an excellent site for information and knowledge about Corvettes, and the people here are friendly and helpful.

Post pix of your ZR1 when you're able - we all love pix!

:w Jane Ann

We have ways of making you pronounce the letter "o". :D

Welcome! :beer

GR8ZR1,
Welcome!
You certainly do sound like a car nut. What a collection you've had :m

If you buckle down and work hard, you can probably get all the historical posts at least skimmed over in 6 months or so ;) :L

Tammy

Is there a secret way of getting the photos small enough to be accepted by the system? please lemeeno:confused :confused

There are lots of threads in the Site Help and Feedback Forum dealing with the subject of photo posting.

This is a post I wrote to help a member who needed to resize her photos.

It would seem that your photo hosting website does allow hotlinks! That's good news. Now we just need to help you resize your photos to a more practical viewing size for posting in your threads.

I copied your photo and resized it using this freeware I downloaded from the web. http://www.irfanview.com/

It can be downloaded at this address http://www.tucows.com/preview/194967.html

Once downloaded, you can open the photo file with the software, go to Image>Resize/Resample and a window will appear showing you the current size of the file. I usually resize my photos to a width of 800-900 pixels for thread posting. The software will automatically select a height in scale with the width which you select. Once I'm satisfied with the size of the new photo, I go to File>Save as and save the file in a folder for uploading to my photo storage website. Then it's just a matter of uploading and copying the URL into your posts.

Another method of uploading your photos to a post (after resizing them) is to scroll down until you see the Manage Attachments button on the "Reply to Thread" window.

This will open a browser window in which you can enter the location on your harddrive of your photos (I use a Temp File on my desktop for resized photos I want to upload).

Once you have entered the location of the photo, click OK and it will appear in your thread.

Let me know if you need more help.
:w Jane Ann

I agree, you've had quite a collection of cars. Welcome to CAC.

Thanks Jane Ann - I will follow your suggestions. I have been trying to use Photoshop for this reduction and this site won't accept my adjustments. Sigh.
Thanks again. Yale

GR8-
If you're using photoshop, try saving with quality of no higher than 7 or 8, and resize the images down to 600 pixels wide (for horizontal photos). That usually produces files that are well within the range for me...

Tammy

Welcome aboard, glad you could join us. You will find if you haven't already that this is the best Corvette forum on the interenet.

Don't be a stanger stay in touch,

Bill :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom