Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Helms

blockhead

Does anyone know where I could get a Helms service manual for a C-4? Tried E-Bay but no luck. About how much should I be ready to pay for one?

Have you tried the Helm Inc site? Unless you just want a used set...
Pay full price but they are new....135.00 I think.....

Good luck....

www.helminc.com

If you buy a new manual from Helm, all the pages will be clean and nothing missing. Also, the Helm website sells the "production" version with the red covers and if there are any supplements for your particular year, they will be included.

Sometimes on eBay, you will see manuals with white covers. These are "preliminary" versions and do not have the final up-to-date information.

Does anyone know where I could get a Helms service manual for a C-4? Tried E-Bay but no luck. About how much should I be ready to pay for one?

Here's the info you requested.
HELM
p.O.BOX 07130
Detroit, Michigan 48207
TOLL FREE: 1-800-782-4356
313-883-1430
www.helminc.com
:w

Try Ebay again and again. You will find one there.

I just typed "corvette manual 1988" in Ebay's search, and three 1988 Helms service manuals came up.

The Helms manuals are model year specific so you'll want to get the set for your particular car. As others have said get the red cover books, the white covers are preliminary and don't contain all of the updates.

... Also, the Helm website sells the "production" version with the red covers and if there are any supplements for your particular year, they will be included...

I can't find anything where it specifies the red covers from the other ones (white cover).

I can't find anything where it specifies the red covers from the other ones (white cover).

If you buy direct from Helms you'll get the red cover editions. If you buy off ebay or some other source you have to make sure you're getting the red cover. Jsut ask the seller what color cover.

Depends on your model year. I have an 85 and Helm didn't have the original 'red cover' version, the only thing they had available for that year was a photocopy of the 85 original manual. Just as good as original, and unfortunately the same price. It's the 'white version'..sounds like a Beatle album :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom