Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

HELP!!!2005 C6 corvette leaking fluid out Blow By Tube HELP

Jpalok9

I was at sebring raceway yesterday running my 2005 corvette thru the 3.7 mile road course. It was unreal how much fun I had. You really get an appreation for our C6 vetts out there on a road course. I was running with Porsche, Farreri, Lambo's, Vipers, Mustangs and more. The car performed great untiul the last run. When I got back in the pit I noticed the back of the car had this film on it like little dots of black between the exhaust and tailights When i started to wipe it off it was appearing like oil. Well I got underneath the car and there was quit a bit of fluid all over the sway bars and in the general areaa of the trans and rearend. I looked real hard and noticed that there is a tube that sits between the tranny and rearend and that was the area that all this fluid was producing the fluid. Im real nervous now as I dont know how much I lost and with our units being sealed I cant tell. I did notice later in the day the car starting to shift harder between 2nd and 3rd. I checked out the temp of the fluid on the raceway and it was running in the 270 degree area. Driving home the car ran fine shifted fine and I noticed the Tranny temp stayed at about 198 degrees the whole way home. Im just looking for some help here as to what I should do. Is this tube there so when the fluid gets so hot and expands that it blows out the tube. How do I know how much I lost and has anyone else out there had a simular problem

Thanks ahead for any input

Jim

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom