Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help ASAP ! Acrylic top - HARD Top ???

Idaho Slim

Corvette
1996 LT1- Blk/Blk. 1996 LT4 - White/Blk
So, 10 days ago, my 3rd !!! replament top in about 6 years broke/cracked ! :mad

3rd "Melrose' replacement top just snapped driving down the road in cold weather, junk tops ---> Melrose imho:mad.

So the issue is; I want to do this replacement with a "hardtop" & paint it to match our car color.

Is there such a thing for base LT-1 coupe "PAINTED HARD TOP" OR were they only made with the 'GLASS TOP" ???

I need to get this fixed asap as winter is fast approaching here, Insurance will make this a glass comprehensive claim, so I am good that way. but I AM TIRING OF THIS CRAP PRODUCT from Melrose acrylic tops.

help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C4s came with either or both tops. No problem replacing yours with a painted top.

You might even be able to find a used one already painted to match your car color. :thumb:)
Andy :w

So, 10 days ago, my 3rd !!! replacement top in about 6 years broke/cracked!

That's incredible! Is there any possibility your installation procedure might be improved? Would you be offended if I asked you to describe your procedure? Does the frame for your top fit easily into the mounting holes? Does the front edge of the acrylic top have excessive pressure against the weatherstrip, or do the front bolts tighten easily?

:w

The painted top on my 85 when off caused a lot of frame flex, The 90 acrylic top was cracked on the Passenger side when I bought it. My 93 has the X brace which really helps the flex issue. Originally the C4's were supposed to incorporate the C'3 T'top but was nixed for some reason. Personally I would have liked that & As mentioned just throw a painted top on.

That's incredible! Is there any possibility your installation procedure might be improved? Would you be offended if I asked you to describe your procedure? Does the frame for your top fit easily into the mounting holes? Does the front edge of the acrylic top have excessive pressure against the weatherstrip, or do the front bolts tighten easily?

:w

Understand, but all installed by Chevrolet dealership:mad

I got a new acrylic top from CorvetteTops for $330. does not include the frame but they give a video of how to remove, clean up from the old top and replace it.
Gordon

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom