Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Headlights always on.

rodney25

Corvette
1975 Convertable
I just installed a new Dewitt’s radiator and had to remove the top two radiator support screws and loosen the lower screw (kept the stock clutch fan). After the install any time you put the key in the ignition the headlights are on. If you take the key out the lights go off. Just replaced the headlight switch and everything works as it should from the switch, just that the headlights are on anytime the key is in the ignition. What could be causing this issue?

I just installed a new Dewitt’s radiator and had to remove the top two radiator support screws and loosen the lower screw (kept the stock clutch fan). After the install any time you put the key in the ignition the headlights are on. If you take the key out the lights go off. Just replaced the headlight switch and everything works as it should from the switch, just that the headlights are on anytime the key is in the ignition. What could be causing this issue?

I don't have a '75 wiring diagram, but the only circuit activated by inserting the ignition key is the key buzzer that goes off if the door is open and the key is in the ignition. Trace that circuit and find out where it's shorted to the headlight wiring.

:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom