Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! How to install rear spoiler

chevyaddict

Corvette
1990 Convertible
Hi All - I wouldn't be doing this if I hadn't bought the car with holes already drilled in the back but I finally got around to getting the spoiler I bought for the 90 painted and want to install it. Trouble is, I can't even see those holes hardly from the underneath of the car. Tried taking off the tail lamp - nope. Tried taking off the cover to the gas tank, nope. So my question is to those of you that have installed these spoilers, how do you do it? Do I have to take the entire rear bumper off? I attached a picture of the type of spoiler I'm installing.

Attachments

• 600-906.jpg
    600-906.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 118
Have you tried going in through the license plate pocket? I've used dental floss tied to the studs and a light fish wire on the end of the floss. Fish them through the mounting holes and then you have a guide to run the nut up to the stud. When you get the nut started the floss won't stop you fron tightning them up.Attached image not much of a help but lets you know what's there.

Attachments

• 90bump.JPG
    90bump.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 120
Have you tried going in through the license plate pocket? I've used dental floss tied to the studs and a light fish wire on the end of the floss. Fish them through the mounting holes and then you have a guide to run the nut up to the stud. When you get the nut started the floss won't stop you fron tightening them up.Attached image not much of a help but lets you know what's there.

I did some searching on the forums and finally found one that talked about going through the license plate area so I will try that and thanks for the other tips! Part of the issue I think is I have 91-96 fascias on this car - not the original 90... so there has been some slight modifications to how the back is bolted up. Fun fun!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom