Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help. I need to raise my ride height to get in my driveway

JimmyBoy

I’m a brand new member. Are there safe and acceptable ways to raise the ride height of my C5, even temporarily so I can get over the hump in my driveway without bottoming out? Will slightly taller tires fit and ride safely? Also, is it safe to remove the front air dam, because it scrapes even when driving across mild water drainage dips in my subdivision. I’m not sure if the air dam has a safety or mechanical purpose other than aesthetics or aerodynamics. Thanks my new brothers.

I’m a brand new member. Are there safe and acceptable ways to raise the ride height of my C5, even temporarily so I can get over the hump in my driveway without bottoming out? Will slightly taller tires fit and ride safely? Also, is it safe to remove the front air dam, because it scrapes even when driving across mild water drainage dips in my subdivision. I’m not sure if the air dam has a safety or mechanical purpose other than aesthetics or aerodynamics. Thanks my new brothers.

Let the air dam scrape, replace it when it gets too torn up. Do not remove it, it is an important part of the cooling system!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom