Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! I think I fried something

DonB

Corvette
2019 ZO6 in Elkhart Lake Blue
Last night my son-in-law and I went for a cruise in my '90 C4. Tonight when I went to open the door and disabled the VATS system I noticed the in door courtesy lights did NOT come on. Somehow the interior light switch that circumferences the headlight switch was in the ON position. The battery was stone dead. I had to get another battery because the charger wouldn't bring it back. Now with the new battery everything in the dash lights but NO starter, fuel pump or in door courtesy lights. The Cargo lights in the Halo work with the hatch, but I believe that is a separate circuit.

I think the Vats system is circumventing but I haven't dove into it too deep. Does the in door courtesy lights timer work in any way with the Vats? The courtesy fuse is good. Did I cook the courtesy timer and Vats just another issue?

I have the FSM and will start digging. Is there an easy way to reset the Vats? I just hate to have to take the dash apart again. I could live for now without courtesy lights If I can get it to start.

I should have known,....It was running just way to well. Darn it!

UPDATE: The horns don't work either. So according to the FSM the anti-theft fuse in the 4 hole secret fuse panel or the LCD fuse in the main box could be the problem. Makes sense,..kind of,.. The theft fuse feeds the starter relay and the pump, but still doesn't explain the in door lights.

DOES ANYBODY KNOW if these are fed by a common fuse-able link to the relays AND WHAT AMPERAGE THE LINK IS? Since the battery is loose I'll check the links.

Last edited:
Fixed it. FSM said to check the LCD fuse and Viola! Who'd of thought that controlled the starter, the pump and the horn & alarm.

The Lesson Here Boys and Girls. DON'T guess with these cars. GET THE FSM!!!!!

Worth it's weight in Gold. Heck with Gold.....Diamonds!

We are cruising tonight.! Yes!

Fixed it. FSM said to check the LCD fuse and Viola! Who'd of thought that controlled the starter, the pump and the horn & alarm.

The Lesson Here Boys and Girls. DON'T guess with these cars. GET THE FSM!!!!!

Worth it's weight in Gold. Heck with Gold.....Diamonds!

We are cruising tonight.! Yes!
Good for you, it's always a good choice to check the FSM as some things are not what they seem. I once took a fuse out labeled courtesy cause of a problem with a door switch and I lost my radio. Enjoy your ride!

Thanks Robert. They "do" keep it interesting.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom