Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Help identifying wire from antenna and second antenna??

VetteSpeed

Corvette
1992 Green Coupe
Hi all,

There is a wire coming from the antenna into the left rear fender well area, but it is not connected to anything (just stops). Any idea what it's for? Also, I have a second antenna that is fixed on the rear glass, but with no wires going to it. Normally I would think it is an Onstar antenna, but the car is to old for that. Any Ideas?

Thanks
IMG_4473.jpg
IMG_4474.jpg

Hi Vette,

I am not sure about the wire from the left rear fender, it should be the antenna wire going to the radio. Could have been disconnected if the previous owner has an after market radio, not sure though.

The second picture is an old cell phone antenna. They were called mobile phones back then and were mounted in fixed position in the car. The antenna was mounted to the outside of the glass, and a receiver part on the inside of the glass with a wire that ran to the fix mounted mobile phone. Both parts of the antenna were mounted with stick on tape so there is no hole in the glass. I had this setup in my K5 blazer back in the day, before cell phones. You can remove it but it looks like the sticky tape has held up pretty well since 1992 so be careful

Welcome to the forum by the way.:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom