Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

HELP Lets see if im right

C

CFour

Can someone Post the Car and Driver Front end pic here along side a front shot of the 1953? Notice how the basic contour is the same? Even the Jujubee grill is not unlike a modern version of the 1953s grill?????? Oh god is it going to be retro modern?

CFour said:
Can someone Post the Car and Driver Front end pic here along side a front shot of the 1953? Notice how the basic contour is the same? Even the Jujubee grill is not unlike a modern version of the 1953s grill?????? Oh god is it going to be retro modern?

5comparison.gif

Yup there ya go I think im right. Im thinking the turn signals will be ROUND. As will grill inserted round fog lamps

CFour said:
Yup there ya go I think im right. Im thinking the turn signals will be ROUND.
I think you need a new eyeglass prescription, but that's just my opinion. :D

IMHO, I think the front end is going to look very similar to the 360 Modena, but that's just my uneducated guesstimate.

Rob said:
I think you need a new eyeglass prescription, but that's just my opinion. :D

Nope not at all look at the Jujubee grill look at the C6 grill opening and look at the 53. Then look at the general shape of the way the fenders round down and also point out on the ends.

CFour said:
Nope not at all look at the Jujubee grill look at the C6 grill opening and look at the 53. Then look at the general shape of the way the fenders round down and also point out on the ends.
I think the pointed ends of the fenders will be more reminiscent of the MidYears. :)

Rob,

I am with you on this. I think it will look a lot like a Front engined 360 Modena with Corvette Styling clues. Remember the C4 had a lot of Ferrari 512 BB in its styling.

Tony

Maybe, but that elongated oval grill SCREAMS early 50s and if you remember someone made a 53ish body kit conversion for C5 that everyone just ooohed and ahhhhed over when it was first rolled out. It better not look like anything but a Corvette, No one wants to own a "pretend" Modena. IMO. Lets not forget this car was designed at about the time the retro T Bird was getting positive attention in its auto show previews. Also the 05 Mustang will borrow from this "retro- modern" styling theme.

Ross, I'm sure it helps that you have seen it, but all I see is a bunch of foam under a bra. From the curve of the hood line it looks to me like the front overhang is pretty short and could translate into a "flatter" front end that would remind one of a '53. But remember that NONE of the Vegas Viewers made any reference to either retro or the '53 look. All that I heard said it is Ferrari-like.

Neither look is a bad way to go IMO. Come on January!!!!

I saw it but with a bra installed as well. The car I saw was also a beta car not a "final" rendering.

Ross, did you see the car prior to Lutz's asked for changes? Or were there changes done after you saw it? Next time take a hidden camera..j/k

This the kit Ross?
PA090003.jpg

Holy crap, that IS awesome.

(oohs and aahs)

Yup Rain thats the one. One of the Betas I saw had headlights kinda like the ones on this car with a more modern Corvette front end look. This is what I was hoping for but it looks like we are not getting it now. :( Looks like Dave Hill and John Peters went with the 1/2 price sale light pods that Mitsubushi had left over.

The Tail
PA090002.jpg

A shame they didnt go with a version of that.
Seems that with the VW bug and the (poor selling, overpriced) thurnderbird, obvious retro would be a trend.

Just goes to show with fiberglass you can do just about anything. I hear most of the panels on this kit used stock mountings as well.

just hate to cut up a perfectly good C5!

Maybe put feelers out nationwide for a body damaged C5 - haha

Rain

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom