Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

(HELP) mice inside car

Larry McIntosh

Corvette
1996 LT-4 Collectors Edition
Boy was surprise when I checked my 96 CE LT 4 today. It was full of mice droppings. It is stored in my shop which is heated, and under cover. I am asking any help in getting rid of them. I am really sick, as I hope no damage has been done. Thanks in advance. Larry;help

Spread dryer fabric sheets around in your shop and a couple in the car. Has kept mice out of my garage for years now. Put new sheets down 1 time per month. The mice don't like the smell and your interior will be fresh as spring also.

mice

Thanks for the reply on dryer sheets. I do place them in the motor area, and in exhaust pipes. I did not place them inside. I need some advice on getting rid of them. Larry

Boy was surprise when I checked my 96 CE LT 4 today. It was full of mice droppings. It is stored in my shop which is heated, and under cover. I am asking any help in getting rid of them. I am really sick, as I hope no damage has been done. Thanks in advance. Larry;help

Getting rid of the mice is easy. :thumb

... Finding all the droppings is hard- and getting rid of the urine smell is the hardest (that is, if they peed on the carpet).:eek:hnoes

You'll likely need to pull the carpet out and shampoo it- with a shampoo for pet smells (Bissel, Resolve, etc). You'll also need to clean the floorboards.

That should help a lot- but it ultimately depends on the number of mice who moved in, what they chewed on, and where they lived in the Vette.

Best of luck!

I've always given my cat the run of the garage. :)
He uses the litter box.

Don't forget the mothballs. Smells bad, but that's the general idea. I usually put them in a plastic cup & use plenty of traps on the outside. I would avoid poison, cause you don't know where the critters will be when they die.

Get a good old cheap spring type mousetrap. Lay it on the floor of the car with a dab of peanut butter on it. Put a towel under it in case there is a little blood splatter :D. Took one night to get one of the little buggers that way in my old GTO.

Rich

moth balls help but a cat is best.

Mice?

My son just went through this with his '04 Dodge Viper vert. Seems these little critters chewed into his underhood pad ($150) and the rear, under trunk edge, of his convertible top ($800). They left behind their droppings, chewed acorns, and a slight urine smell.

He ended up using large glue traps inside the engine compartment and trunk areas, mothballs in cups, and spring traps baited with a commercially obtained mouse attractant (works better than peanut butter). So far so good...aside from the observed damage... We never tried the dryer sheets.

My Y2K seemed to be spared...so far!

Good Luck in eliminating them. :eek:hnoes....:eek:hnoes....:eek:hnoes

If you get the CAT get one with an attitude that considers mouse meat his favorite diet. You can stop by a couple farm houses and find someone that will give you a CAT with experience.

Rhino car storage pocket

Has anyone put their car in the Rhino Shelter Storage Pocket to keep mice out during winter storage or a storage pocket like it? Thanks.

I've also heard that a bar of Irish Spring works.

Maybe it's better they chew on the soap, instead of anything else :eyerole

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom