Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

HELP- Name That Engine Noise

B/STOCK

Corvette
2000 Magnetic Red Vert & 2015 DSOM Coupe Z51-3LT
Could we please revisit this? Getting worst and the dealer says it's normal. Warranty is running out soon. 2015 Z51. Engine started making this hissing noise after a year and a half & 11k miles. When I take off or blip the throttle I get this. Dealer said it was normal because the engine breathes a lot of air and the noise was always there but I just didn't notice it. BS I told them none of my friends cars made this noise and they said impossible. Anyone identify the problem. In this short video I just biped the throttle to give you all a idea. Many thanks. Mike

Shared album - Michael Panasuik - Google Photos

Last edited:
Mine does not sneeze like that??? There is something wrong...

Mine does not sneeze like that??? There is something wrong...

Sneeze--That's a great way to describe it and funny to. Thanks :L

No, it should not surge at idle like that. It sounded to me like a metal to metal grind type noise on my computer. Did the dealer check for any codes?

Is the vehicle bone stock, or are there any aftermarket components. Remote start or alarm?

No, it should not surge at idle like that. It sounded to me like a metal to metal grind type noise on my computer. Did the dealer check for any codes?

Is the vehicle bone stock, or are there any aftermarket components. Remote start or alarm?

Bone stock except for a mild to wild setup. I remover the mild to wild set up and still got the same sound. No check engine light on. I don't even think the dealer checked the stored codes. I know about 30 guys with C7s and I am the only one with that sound. Possibly the posters that say that is normal have the same problem. I did have friends say it sounded like a metal sound. Possibly a pulley. To me it sounds like a intake-vacuum sound.

That sound is made by turbulence of air flow around the throttle blade just as you crack it open. I've heard that noise on other engines, but not too many 3G LT1s.

Admittedly, yours is pretty loud.

Are there any air leaks in the intake system? Check to make sure any/all hoses are connected and the air box is properly sealed.

That sound is made by turbulence of air flow around the throttle blade just as you crack it open. I've heard that noise on other engines, but not too many 3G LT1s.

Admittedly, yours is pretty loud.

Are there any air leaks in the intake system? Check to make sure any/all hoses are connected and the air box is properly sealed.

Will crawl into the engine bay this weekend. Thanks

Last edited:
The wheeze....or ???

So what is the out come.......... get out your stethoscope or or some tubing and your ear and poke around......good luck. OR.....try another service writer ?

interesting minds need answers.

I will keep you guys informed.

Could we please revisit this?

From the video, it appears the engine jerks every time it sneezes. I don't see how this can be "normal". I would call the GM hot line.

From the video, it appears the engine jerks every time it sneezes. I don't see how this can be "normal". I would call the GM hot line.

I didn't know they had a hotline. I will try to find the #. Thanks

Hissing sound from the engine.

OLn my 2015 Z06...had the same problem. Dealer found it to be "mass air sensor". Replaced it and solved problem.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom