Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Need Help to ID Intake Noise

B/STOCK

Corvette
2000 Magnetic Red Vert & 2015 DSOM Coupe Z51-3LT
After a couple of years and 16,000 miles my engine started to make a sucking noise-sort of a "pist" when I blip the throttle and or take off. Sounds like the sound of a carbureted car with no air cleaner. Checked about 7 of my friends cars and no such sound. Took it to the dealers and he said it was normal because the car sucked so much air. He let me listen to another C7 that was in for service and it did the same thing. My Vette is a 2015 Z51 with a manual tranny. I could understand the hissing noise if it was there from the start but it just started one day after 2 years and 16K miles. Any thoughts? Thanks, Mike

Not a clue. Does your dealer have decent mechanics? Some tecnicians don't know anything that doesn't throw a code. Never noticed that noise on my 2014.

Yes, they have great mechanics. There has to be something wrong because like I said it started after 2 years. Very noicible. I started it up and there it was. I am a member of two Corvette Clubs and no one else has that noise. Like I said there was another C7 in the shop that did the same thing. We will find out soon what it is when more people have the problem. Thanks for the reply.
:upthumbs

When I find out what's wrong I will post it.

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom