Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

help needed/dealing with chevrolet

sinestr

Corvette
2015 Red Stingray Coupe
I have a 05 black coupe with 18K miles. I am having several problems with Chevrolet. I am not new to the Corvette as this is my 8th vette. I am having problems with my left rear brake as it is squeeling when I have to stop. It is so bad that I see neighbors running out to put out the garbage assuming it is the garbage truck coming. The dealer has given me a notice from Chevrolet stating this is common and can not be fixed due to the car being a high performance car. I also have a Viper of which I can say is also a high performance car and I do not have any noise from the brakes. I also have both headlights that have a cloudy film inside and again they will not repair stating this is common and after an hour it will burn off. They state it is condensation and I agree if this is what I have it would burn off , but instead it is a cloudy film. Again my Viper has the same sealed headlights without any film. I told the service rep from Chevrolet" that a notification should be given to all potential buyers that certain items will be defective and the engineers do not know how to fix these issues". Not to mention the dealer had the car for 1 month to the day for the air conditioner in the dash. It would not direct the air through the dash, but instead it came out all 3 areas, dash , floor, and defroster. At this time it is the only known one to of had this problem. Now of course, I now have a dash with many rattles and squeeks of which they have tried to repair to no avail.
My question is where do I go now? I love the car, but I would like to get these issues resolved.

Thanks for your help!

vette

well,if the car was laid up at the dealer for 30 days straight,that's lemon law territory right there.The brakes are a common thing on lots of 05's,mine included.What I did way back at around 500 miles or so is get on the car hard and stomp on the brakes and do a hard stop.I did this 5 or 6 times and it's been fine since,I'm now at 7897 miles.Now,I have a z51,which is where most of the squealing brakes occured.Most people just get different pads,HAWK or something like that.You missed out on CHEVY'S TSB on the pads way back when.Some were lucky and got them replaced under that bulletin,I did not get mine done and then CHEVY retracted the bulletin and said it is "NORMAL"!!You can always trade up to an 06!Good luck.

HI there,
It sounds to me like this is a DEALERSHIP talking here, NOT Chevrolet.
If I were you, I would contact GM customer assistance and try to get the regional service manager for Chevrolet involved.
See if you can find a dealership with a World Class certified tech there, that would also help you.
But, as for the comparing Viper to Corvette, having worked on both, they may seem similar, but they closest they come is the transmission.
Allthebest, c4c5:bang

well,if the car was laid up at the dealer for 30 days straight,that's lemon law territory right there.The brakes are a common thing on lots of 05's,mine included.What I did way back at around 500 miles or so is get on the car hard and stomp on the brakes and do a hard stop.I did this 5 or 6 times and it's been fine since,I'm now at 7897 miles.Now,I have a z51,which is where most of the squealing brakes occured.Most people just get different pads,HAWK or something like that.You missed out on CHEVY'S TSB on the pads way back when.Some were lucky and got them replaced under that bulletin,I did not get mine done and then CHEVY retracted the bulletin and said it is "NORMAL"!!You can always trade up to an 06!Good luck.

Not necessarily. The issues MUST be safety-related or NO LEMON LAW!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom