Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help needed ionstalling metra 70-1857 harness to bypass b ose cdm ion 1990 vette

LOCKJAW

Help needed ionstalling metra 70-1857 harness to bypass Bose cdm on 1990 vette

After spending hours in contortions trying to connect this harness plug to the bose tu8ner (CDM) that is mounted underneath dash on passenger side, I am feeling stupid, blind, frustrated or a combination of all three. I have the new Kenwood Stereo HU installed and the 17 foot long harness threaded over to the area under the CDM. I was under the impression that I would find a large 21 pin connector close by that would match up to the new harness. I have not. Photos available online of the CDM don't show a 21 pin connection in the unit, only four small ones on one side and two others on other side. After trying to get help from Crutchfield I am more confused and "lost". They can only tell me general things I already know. No one I spoke to has ever done this.
When I started this project I was told that it is "plug n play". Don't believe everything you hear! Getting under the dash and trying to remove this box so far has been a frustrating failure. But, my real stress comes from trying to figure out how this connector will mate up to the box. It seems to me that there should be a 21 pin connector under there. That is my dilemma. If any of you fine people have been through this I would appreciate whatever help you can offer,

Thanks in advance

James

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom