Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help on '67 SB ignition shielding (top)

TWINRAY

Corvette
'67 Goodwood Green Coupe, '69 Lemans Blue Roadster
I bought this shielding last year and have finally gotten around to putting it in - which I thought wasn't going to be a big deal. Well, it doesn't seem to fit. Motor is original so maybe I was sent the wrong shielding. There is a hole in the top of the shield and I would assume that fits on the DS wire loom holder because there is a hole for a bolt. When I fit the shield that way, the loom on the PS is at an angle that doesn't match the shield. I've attached some photos. If someone could give me some advise on what is going on, I'd appreciate it. Thanks

I just did mine, boy what a PITA E-mail me I can tell you what I did. From the pics, you looms look like they are spread apart to far. just as an observation.

The bracket on the driver side (with the bolt hole in top) has to be bent inward a fair amount.

The top wire loom holder on the right side needs to be bent back so it's parallel to the firewall.

It's a tight fit. The shield will rub the back edge of the hood surround when you put it on. You appear to have "the right stuff", just needs some tweaking. Chuck

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom