Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Help on using TECH II to test shocks/actuators on 97

Never mind my comment since you were measuring across the coil. That's not really where you should be looking for diagnostics.

I was initially looking to see if the relay was getting activated or if the coil was not getting triggered to pull in the contact. still a mystery but its working

I understand, but that is not the way you do it. I would be glad to discuss the ways for testing the relay both on the bench and in the circuit for coil and contact performance if you like.

Mr. Sam

update

I understand, but that is not the way you do it. I would be glad to discuss the ways for testing the relay both on the bench and in the circuit for coil and contact performance if you like.

Mr. Sam

I am always open to different processes for testing so sure whenever or how ever is fine with me.

Took it out for test and all areas of DIC are blank, NO CODES, NO MESSAGES, NO MPH LIMITS OR SHOCKS INOPERATIVE on the DIC.

Thanks for the discussions and data support.

Tom

Sent you a PM with my number so we can talk. Glad you have things working, I know you were determined to figure out the issue. Now that you have it working you can install C6ZO6 shocks and sway bars. This can help you with the Tech 2 disable so you will not throw messages. Not as simple as just removing the BCM RPO but not hard.

Here is it. Have not used it myself but I took it from some one who did.

1. Hook up your Tech 2, turn the car ON, make sure the module in the rear is plugged in. DO NOT UNPLUG THIS MODULE

2. Now use the Tech 2 to delete the F45 option

3. Save the new configuration

4. DO NOT TURN THE CAR OFF DO NOT REMOVE THE TECH 2 Go to the module in the rear of the car, unplug the GRAY connector - IT IS THE WIDEST ONE - leave the center and smaller black plug in.

5. Turn off the car but LEAVE THE TECH 2 PLUGGED IN

6. Remove remaining plugs from module in the rear of the car

6a Disconnect battery for at least 60 minutes

6b Reconnect battery

7. Now the moment of TRUTH - Turn the car on and verify that the dreaded - MAX SPEED 80 MPH - is gone

8. Unplug the Tech 2 - Get in the car and take it for a ride.

Mr. Sam

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom