Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! HELP Please -- Hood Latch Will Not Release

J

jox99

My problem is a non-releasing hood latch on the passenger's side. So far I have: Per the FSM, pulled the wheel and wheel house cover, accessed the bottom of the latch, seen that the latch release is working and the lever is being pulled all the way released (toward the rear of the car), and the hood will still not release. I have held the release all the way back and had a helper try to pull up on the hood. Nothing. What I did notice is that when the Hood Release is in the closed position, the latch release lever does not return to what I think would be the closed or full forward position. The spring which assists it back to the lock position is functioning. It seems to stop mid way and I cannot get it to return all the way back. There is no tension on the hood. I can push on it and hear the ubolt hit the latch. The driver's side releases fine. This happened on getting the car back from the paint shop. Now I can't go back because they left the courtesy lights on and the battery is dead. I need your help and expertise please!

Problem solved

We got the hood open this afternoon. Although I am not sure, the problem may have been the plug of the battery maintainer getting stuck in the forward well of the hood latch. John

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom