Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help Please son's '84 vette.

What I've omitted to say is that the other 3 tyres went the same way. He's on 4 loaners whilst we await the distributors decision. Roger.

paul do you have anything on the heat a.c. on a 88 coupe heats and cools ok just air comes out all over!defrost dash and heat vents all have air i'v got the electronic heat&air controls but they work ok does the air director have a motor or a director to move the air between dash defrost and heat vents i looked in my haynes and it dosent have anything about how it distributes the air between the three

I know you said its not the interior lights. BUT did you check the passenger vanity mirror? Mine had a little contact switch that when depressed would shut off (like a refrigerator light). It broke and it stayed on. The bulbs are smaller than usual and probably draw very little current. Ironicly, they redesigned it to be a sliding on/off switch in later models. After I replaced the visor with the "updated" model my wife used the light on the mirror then shut the flap which on the old one would have turned it off...but instead it now stayed on and drained battery....DeJaVu!;shrug

Thanks "Topless", But no, along with most Vette owners I disconnected them a long time aga. Roger.

Thanks Corvette Archives, Checked visors, he had removed them some while ago. On the tyre problem he had the alignment rechecked everything was well within spec. except "Rear:Left" which was -0.23 and the "Specified Range" was -0.10" 0.10. The first tyre to go was the right rear, the last was the left rear! Anyone have any ideas? Roger.

Hi everyone, To come up to date with the Nan Kang tyres that disintegrated on my sons '84 vette.We provided the shop,thence the distributor, with 3 separate alignment checks,showing there was nothing amiss there. they've finally come up with an offer of 50% refund. This is on less than 2000 miles ! The shop will put this toward a discounted set of a different make. They have closed their account with that supplier. I would urge anyone offered this marque to read the previous posts. Roger.

wow.... I must say everyone reply has truthful elements to battery drain.
BUT shet, where do I start? Cannot answer this one, b/c everyones reply is pretty accurate as to battery drainage.

No,they weren't expensive,as vette tyres go, I think they were around $100 a pop. Firestone for 17" rims are about $180, for 16" I was quoted $109. Does anyone have any sujestions on tyres and prices ? Paul Higg has Khumos and likes them. Roger.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom