Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

HELP - WHEEL Backspace and Width for 63

1KULC7

Corvette
2014 Convertible
Ok you wheel gurus, I have chosen my CRUIZIN wheels, going with ET Wheels, the 5 spoke, and the spokes will be painted Satin black with Three bars spinners, the rim wis chrome.

Now what I need is the wheel spacing and the backspace for a 63. The wheels spacing is from side to side, and the back spacing is measured from the back of the wheel to the center of the wheel. I know one of you remember this....don't have my car here so I need your help....

Obviously I know the threads are 7/16" but what about the backspace for the stock wheels. I plan to purchase some redline radials for my cruizin tires. One other thing, the tires I would like to get are 215X75X15 on the rear and the front will be 205X75X15....is the height (75) OK?

Takes about a month to get the wheels as each one is made for each order.

Here is what the wheel looks line in Chrome:

88Vweb.gif

Seems like everybody is getting the AR Toque Thrusts, so I decided to go back to my roots, I owned a Yenko Camaro in 1971 that had ET Five Spoke Wheels on it just like these but were flat black spokes, and I really liked them a lot...so this is the route I am going.

Collin

I like the AR TT's a lot myself, there is no doubt they are a great looking wheel on midyears, but these ET's you have choosen are perfect. I don't remember ever seeing these before but looking at the shape of each spoke kinda-sorta-in-a-way resembles the lines of the front fenders. Painting the spokes black is really going to set them off against the silver car. The spinner is the perfect finishing touch.
Nice choice! :beer

Barry.

You and I think so much a like, exactly why I like the ET's because the lines of the spokes have many of the same types of lines found on the mid year the narrow to wide cone shape. ET's have been around for years, but for some reason don't get the same press as AR. ET's are more expensive then AR and Cragers, but each wheel is made in the USA and for your order. I talked to the owner earlier and he is ready to get them to me in three weeks, I just have to wait a few weeks to make sure I have enought to pay for the final work being done on my car and be able to buy the wheels and tires (Redline Radials from Coker, going with 215's in rear and 205's in front). I think I will put these on the car for Carlisle...

Again whats the story about your paint?

Here it is for a 67 rally wheel.

(3 inch+.5) backspacing - the added half inch is the distance from the tire mounting surface to the edge of the rim. The optional alloy wheels had adapters that required a deeper backspace to clear the spacer, in order to maintain the back edge of the wheel far enough from the front frame rails, rear trailing arm parking brake cable brackets, and the rear spring ends. OFFSET is a function of the relationship between the wheel rim centerline and the plane of the mounting surface of the wheel center section. If the plane of the wheel mounting surface of the center section is at the middle of the wheel rim, the offset is "0". OUTBOARD of the center of the rim, the wheel has POSITIVE offset. INBOARD of the center of the rim, the wheel has NEGATIVE offset. BACK SPACING refers to the distance that the wheel mounting plane of the center section is from the back edge of the wheel rim. BACK SPACING has no "positive" or "negative" dimension. Auto manufacturers usually use the OFFSET in describing specifications for wheels. Aftermarket wheel manufacturers often use BACK SPACING, since it is easier to understand and measure.

6x15 DC,YS,FI rally wheel offset +0.06" = 3.06+.5 backspace = 3.56inches

PS If you have converted to disk brakes, check the wheel for caliper clearance.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom