Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help with Audio install

Steveo1955

Corvette
1978-Silver Anniversary Model
Just purchased from CustomAutoSound a USA 6 with 10 disc CD changer. My reasoning is that I do not want to screw around with the Instrument cluster, So they tell me that this radio fits right in with no modifications. (we'll see)... Here's the question,....Where should I place and mount the CD changer that it won't be conspicous?
I would really prefer to have it out of sight.
My vette is a 1978 Silver Anniversary Model. Well in advance,...Thanks People,...any help would certainly be appreciated.
Any suggestions will greatfully be taken into account.

Steveo, The p.o. installed a 10 disk changer in the jack storage compartment of my 81. Its out of the way but no room for the jack or anything else. They attached the changer to the lid of the c.ompartment.

Steveo, The p.o. installed a 10 disk changer in the jack storage compartment of my 81. Its out of the way but no room for the jack or anything else. They attached the changer to the lid of the c.ompartment.

I have mulled around with putting a changer in my Vette. However, I have an amp that lives in the jack storage compartment.

So I came up with something different. I have a Sony network hard disk Walkman that stores 20 gigs and is smaller than a packet of unfiltered Camel cigarettes. It is far more functional than a changer although it isn't as cool.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom