Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help with Body Trim Plate #'s

tonyv123

Corvette
1981 Two Tone 4spd.
I did a search, and can't find out how to decipher my driver-side Door Hinge Pillar plate that reads:

B LO8 LO8L95

141 80L 80U 98M E

CHEVROLET

Can anyone steer me?

tony 1st welcome to CAC!!
2nd with regards to your trim tag,some of these digits are not working...

The letter 'B'
indicates the year 1981
L08 I don't know about the 'L'
08 should indicate the month it was built,e.g. 08= August
now you are missing a digit,should A,B,C,D,E to indicate what week it was built,A= 1st week,E= 5th week (of the month)

L08L95 should be the last 6 digits in your VIN #

141 is the color of your interior
80 U/L 80 is your exterior color U/L indicate upper and lower
bowling green built vettes were the first to offer 2-tone paints hence the upper and lower colors
80= Claret metallic(autumn red)

98M dont know what this stands for
E it shows it but I don't know what it stands for..
you might want to double check you trim tag no's as I can't find a reference to '141',and the last 6 of your vin doesn't seem right either...
could it be 741???

...141 is the color of your interior...

I agree, but there is no 141 code listed for the 81 models. What color is your interior? Dark red? Leather or cloth?

...bowling green built vettes were the first to offer 2-tone paints hence the upper and lower colors...

The U and L pop up often. 1978 Pace Cars and SA cars were two tone.

...you might want to double check you trim tag no's as I can't find a reference to '141',and the last 6 of your vin doesn't seem right either...
could it be 741???

I agree. Check the tag again. The letter I can look like an L. What looks like a zero might be a C.

I've got the Bowling Green trim tag information at home and will check it this evening. I'm betting you've got an autumn red car with dark red leather interior, but that's only a hunch.

:)

B LO8 LO8L95

141 80L 80U 98M E

B code for 1981 model year

08 code for August 1981 production; there should be a letter code following this 8 to indicate the week of production.

L08L95 could be a VIN sequence but there should be no alpha characters in it; last VIN sequence produced at Bowling Green in August 1981 was 103155 so a VIN of 108195 would be too high. Are you certain the 8 is not a 3?

141 is probably 74I idicating dark red leather interior.

Thanks fellas,

My eyes ain't what they were, so I took a picture, then rubbed a pencil over it. I tried to post the pictures and pencil rub, but I don't know how to resize pictures. From the pictures I took, the corrected info is:

B 10B 108195
74I 80L 80U 98M E

So what I've got is:

(B) bowling green; (10B) date; (108195) last 6 vin;

(74I) int. color; (80L) lower color; (80U) upper color; (98M) ???; (E) ???

WOW! Now I gotta go back and edit the color of my car in the registry!
Thanks again, and I sure hope you good people don't get tired of seeing a bunch of newbie questions from me.

Almost. the first B is not a plant code for Bowling Green (that's a 5). B indicates the 1981 model year.

10B indicates the second week of October, 1980. Example: 10A would have been the first week of October, 10C would have been the third week, etc.

10B indicates the second week of October, 1980.

Thanks Mike, I guess I should go buy some new shoes for my Corvette, being that it's birthday is all this week!!!

10B indicates the second week of October, 1980.

Thanks Mike, I guess I should go buy some new shoes for my Corvette, being that it's birthday is all this week!!!

Sunuvagun. Hadn't thought about that, but, yep, it's her birthday!!

:w

FYI.... bowling green hadn't started production until June of 1981

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom