Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help with Bose Stereo

Ron222

Corvette
2004 Spiral Gray Convertible
I know someone in here can help me. I have a simple/stupid question. I recently purchased an '04 Vette with the Bose stereo with optional 12 disk CD changer and my question is this....Next to the volume control there is a little LED/Sensor at the one o'clock position...What is it for?? What does it do??
Told you it was stupid but I can't locate it in the owners manual and guess what, Bose tells me they have to research it and may be able to help. So your answers are greatly apprectiated. Thanks in advance

Ron :confused:confused

I know someone in here can help me. I have a simple/stupid question. I recently purchased an '04 Vette with the Bose stereo with optional 12 disk CD changer and my question is this....Next to the volume control there is a little LED/Sensor at the one o'clock position...What is it for?? What does it do??
Told you it was stupid but I can't locate it in the owners manual and guess what, Bose tells me they have to research it and may be able to help. So your answers are greatly apprectiated. Thanks in advance

Ron :confused:confused

Ditto. I cannot figure that one out either. I do not have the 12 disk chnager but I do have the LED. It never seems to light.

Well, It's nice to know I'm not the only one...Like I said I sent an e-mail directly to Bose and as of this writting haven't received an answer yet...they tell me they are researching it. Hoping someone out there can help. If I should hear back from Bose I'll post the results

I believe it is the Theft light on the radio!!!! If a lock code has been entered in your radio!!( which is in the owners manual,comes from factory with no code,you decide the code) And the power has been Interrupted,(Like a Dead Batt) it will flash when power is restored and the radio WON"T work,until you enter the code!!! It Renders it Useless to a Thief!!!!!! Like I said it comes from the Factory with NO code,You the owner decide the code,otherwise it don't do a Thing!!!!!!! :upthumbs

(If you decide to put a code in it Don't wright down in the owners manual or in the car anywhere put it in a safe Place!!) :upthumbs

If it's the same as the radio in my 02 it's part of the THEFTLOCK system, a theft deterrent feature on the radio. If the system is turned on the LED will blink when the car is not running. If you remove the radio at that point or disconnect the battery the radio is locked and you need a code to unlock it before it will work again. If it's not blinking the system is off.

John

If it's the same as the radio in my 02 it's part of the THEFTLOCK system, a theft deterrent feature on the radio. If the system is turned on the LED will blink when the car is not running. If you remove the radio at that point or disconnect the battery the radio is locked and you need a code to unlock it before it will work again. If it's not blinking the system is off.

John
Yep thats how it works!! I knew I left something out!!:upthumbs

My 2003 Tahoe had the bose radio in it and had that LED too.. If I recall correctly it was part of the anti theft for the radio. I think you had to set the radio anti theft then it would come on with the factory vehicle alarm. I think?

You may alos try this site, they repair Bose radios and may be able to answer your question. http://www.doctordons.com/

and yada yada yada....

2n7qreu.jpg

Hey Thanks guys...really appreciate the quick response. Didn't think to look under the theft deterrent section. Mine's not flashing with the ignition off so I guess it hasn't been programmed in. Good thing because I wouldn't know what the code was anyway. I knew I should've asked the forum first rather then e-mailing Bose. Thanks again.

Hey Shooter, Thanks for posting that page of your owners manual, it helped alot. I compared your manual instructions to mine and guess what, they left out the last sentence in step #9 the one that says "The LED indicator by the volume control will begin flashing when the iginition is turned off". I knew I didn't read it anywhere in my manual. Thanks again.

This question is not as uncommon as you might think, Ron. It has come up before, and I expect at some point in the future, someone who's just acquired a C5 may raise the question again.

Which is why Dwayne's posting of that scanned image from the owner's manual will prove quite helpful- we can link to this thread from a forum search the next time this question arises. Thanks, Dwayne!

:w
-Patrick

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom