Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help with Engine Identification

I have the starter, but based on how many different block identification numbers exist I figured the NAPA guy would have to go through a lot of boxes. So there is only a few starters that fit all the blocks?

Starter part number and date code will tell you the application it was for

NAPA or other FLAPS have cross references to the part number on the existing starter. Nobody will be looking thru a lot of boxes. There are maybe 2 or 3 starters for late model 350 small blocks. The newer the engine the less choices because for late models with low compression there was no need for a heavy duty starter. Generally in the past there were maybe two starters for a given year or group of years a heavy duty and a standard duty. In 1975 there were only two Corvette OEM engines the L48 (base) and L82 (HP) neither one of which had a compression higher than 9.5:1 so there may be only one starter. Educated guess says your engine is later(newer than 1975 and low compression.

What are the numbers on the starter you have? Delco Remy (GM) Electrical components (starters, generators, distributors, coils generally have a number starting with a 1 such as 1100694(1967 small block alternator) For 1967 all small blocks used the same starter(1107320)

Likely NAPA will have two replacement alternatives for your starter a new replacement (non OEM) and a rebuilt OEM part. If you are not doing a numbers matching NCRS judged restoration(which you can't with your current engine) a replacement starter of the same design will be just fine.

Great information, I was able to get another starter based on the number (P3510S). I am going to leave the block identification as a mystery for now and start prepping to bring the car to the paint shop. :)

Thanks to everyone that took the time to help!

P3510 " Advance Auto Parts" remanufactured starter.

Looks like you started with a non GM starter anyway. That number is Advance Auto Parts number for a rebuilt GM starter. Currently sells for about $45 and applications range from Chevy Astro Vans to Buicks and Chevy-GMC trucks in the 1990s. Reviews on the AAP website indicate these are rebuilt in MEXICO.....at least they're not from China!!

Long as you've got one that works with your NOM you are in good shape.

Will some one help me Identify my engine.

My casting number is 3896944 and my stamped number is V09I9WA. If anyone could help that would be great thanks.

My casting number is 3896944 and my stamped number is V09I9WA. If anyone could help that would be great thanks.

V8: this thread is two years old. WA indicates a truck block. For 65-67 it was a 283; in 68 it was a 307; it's a 350 for 69.
:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom