Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help with exhaust choice

I have the same arctic white '95 as Warren S, except mine is a 383 stroker with ported/polished LT-4 heads/intake and MAF sensor. I run Hooker long tubes, true 3" dual into Flowmaster 2 stages, 3.73 gears. I get some resonance on the road, but I can hear my CD player just fine, and it's well worth the 10.8 ETs on the track. If you want way quiet to listen to Frank Sinatra, I'd recommend an Audi.

onefast95vette said:
383 stroker with ported/polished LT-4 heads/intake and MAF sensor. I run Hooker long tubes, true 3" dual into Flowmaster 2 stages, 3.73 gears.

Wow, that is one fast Vette'! :)

Flowmaster works for me!

'93 Conv LT1 turns heads everywhere I go. You get used to the tone of the Flowmasters in time. Relax and enjoy the tunes as well.:D

Thanx, Edmund, yes she's pretty quick. We gotta keep up the 'Vette tradition as being the fastest MF on the street! :)

Dan

onefast95vette said:
Thanx, Edmund, yes she's pretty quick. We gotta keep up the 'Vette tradition as being the fastest MF on the street! :)

Dan

Dan,

I hope to build a hotrod like that one day. Probably for the sole purpose of beating my neighbor and his 69' Camaro with a 500 something cubic inch engine in there. :L

I already have a car that turns mid 9s, that doesn’t even have a radio. I want to keep the vette a quality ride that I can drive without any compromises. The kind of vehicle that I don’t need to turn the radio up to buffer any noises, or drive it in any special way to cover-up things. I don’t want to diminish the corvette quality name, I just want someone to make an after-market exhaust that provides acceptable quality and performance, without having to comprise.

I have the Magnaflow "true dual" stainless steel mirror finish mufflers on my 92. I would highly recommend them to anyone as the quality is very good. I like the mirror finish on the mufflers and the round 4" chrome tips give it an aggressive look and a much upgraded appearance from the rear. Resonance is very subjective as we all have different likes and tolerances, but I find these mufflers to be not be too bad with resonance. I left the old resonator on when the new mufflers were installed. I've heard from people like grapenutz that installing an X pipe will diminish the resonance even further & I plan to look more into that. I looked at the Corsa catback system too, but something about exhaust comming out of only 1 of the 2 dual outlets on each side ( to diminsh noise/resonance) seems "cheesy" to me. But, it probably is the quietest system as far as resonance is concerned. :cool

I just saw the Magnaflow "True Dual" in a mag for 399.00 a pair. Based on your recommendation, I’m placing the order tomorrow!! Thanks

johnny sammut said:
I just saw the Magnaflow "True Dual" in a mag for 399.00 a pair. Based on your recommendation, I’m placing the order tomorrow!! Thanks
Good luck Bud! I know you will like them just as I do. One thing to consider after the mufflers are installed is.......I modified the brackets that hold the mufflers up at the rear of the car. What I did is reverse the brackets that bolt up to hold the steel support angle to the underside of the car. This eliminated the slop between the steel angle and rubber insert on the bottom of the bracket. and allows the muffler to sit up higher in the muffler well. They hung a little too low before and I think they look better now. Let me know how it turns out and how wide your smile is the 1st time you drive it down the street..

Dave
:cool

I just bought a cat-back borla system for my 96 LT-1 and some hooker headers(shorty's). It is in the process of getting installed right now. Along with the K&N air filter, I am hoping for awesome sound and a little more performance. The only problem is what do I do next!!!

Mangod00 said:
I just bought a cat-back borla system for my 96 LT-1 and some hooker headers(shorty's). It is in the process of getting installed right now. Along with the K&N air filter, I am hoping for awesome sound and a little more performance. The only problem is what do I do next!!!
LT4 + Conversion would be nice. Check out www.gmpartsdirect.com for this kit number - pk12550630.

I looked at the Corsa catback system too, but something about exhaust comming out of only 1 of the 2 dual outlets on each side ( to diminsh noise/resonance) seems "cheesy" to me. But, it probably is the quietest system as far as resonance is concerned. :cool[/QUOTE]

I have Corsa (self installed, perfect fit $799 on a group buy) The exhaust actually comes out all 4 tail pipes, two are straight thru & two are indirect thru a chamber in the muffler. NO resonance, good hp increase & great sound at wot.

The direct pipes do show more exhaust soot than the indirect, I wipe 'em when I wash the car anyway. Gotta love those tips!

100% stainless steel.

The top is supposed to be the "quote" part but it didn't work. My reply starts with "I have Corsa"

Sorry, messed up post.

Tuna said:
After installing the CORSA cat back system earlier this month, I finally did the dyno run to see what the difference is.

21.6 RWHP and 23.6 lbs-ft of torque

or
327.8 RWHP and 347.9 T on the same dyno.

This is with my LT4+ conversion. Seems to me that the CORSA exhaust does a fine job providing more HP, better sound and good looks.

Later,
Wow, that is an impressive gain. Is the exhaust system the only thing you changed between dyno pulls?

kenwa said:
Wow, that is an impressive gain. Is the exhaust system the only thing you changed between dyno pulls?

Yes. However I have to note that the first run was with only 400 miles on the rebuild motor. The second was after the CORSA was added along with 1500 more miles. It may have 'loosened' up some also. It could be assumed that maybe 5 of that improvement is just more break-in and the rest is the exhaust. It any case, I'm very happy with the exhaust. The sound suits me, it looks great and the horsepower improvement was impressive no matter how you look at it.

The stock exhaust on my 95 is way too quiet. especially with the top down. I would love the sound of the Borla Stinger in a C4 exhaust. Those sound fantastic.

Thanks for all of the input. I just installed the Magnaflow's last night and they are perfect. with the top down on the freeway at about 75 you can't hear them. On acceleration it is a nice deep tone. They only took me about an hour to install, I still need to get them welded to the main pipes but they look great as is.

Don

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom