Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

HELP with my '68s History

Tell me more about your '68 Wally.

It`s a Safari yellow coupe with 28086 miles on the odometer. #13092. It does have a unique history as I bought it to replace what my father thought he was buying. A 427 Ford Cobra. The family was already into racing and Vettes in no particular order and he asked how my 63 FI coupe would do against a Cobra. I replied, The Vette couldn`t touch it in a month of Sundays. So he went and ordered a Cobra. The bad part here is that the dealer ordered a Mustang Cobra. He went to pay for it and I caught the mistake. The dealer was not too happy giving him his money back when I said the Mustang wouldn`t touch the Vette in a month of Sundays. About 6 months later he became very ill and I had the new 68 in the drive with a red riibbon and bow when he was released from the hospitable and brought home. He only put 200 miles on it and I did all the rest.

Thanks for sharing Wally! That is a unique and precious history for sure.
So you have a '62, a '63, and a '68? Any more?? WOW!!!

Don't know if this will help.....Head casting # 3964291 is....69-72 rect. port, closed, for blocks 396, 402, 427, 454.....109cc chamber large/small hex spark plug used...crate motor usage in years after 1970. If you have the block casting #'s I'll look it up.

I still haven't heard anything from the Arizona DMV. Maybe I will start a search with Kansas as well.
Thanks for your advise and help!

I think most states enacted a law a few years ago that makes that impossible. It has something to do with vehicle owner privacy protection. Probably to solve some stalking issues or payback if you cut someone off.
Your best bet is to find some regestry forums. Try a search for "lost car regestry", people post their stolen cars there or cars they once owned and would like to hear what happened to them.
If you cant find the "lost car regestry forum" post hear and I'll look up the url

Miss the block # the first view, anyway block casting # 3916321 is 68' 427 2 or 4 bolt.

Thanks Huk Finn! It makes sense now why they haven't been that helpful. I will give the "lost car registry" a try.

Thanks for your replys Walkman! The right head is dated L270, which is December 2, 1970; and the left head is dated E770, which is May 7, 1970. Yes the block casting date 3916321 fits with the Block pad # T0105 IL 18S410187 (January 1968). I'm running a 750 double pumper Holley on the 3963569 intake.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom