Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Here are pictures of the clutch job.

R

rhipsher

These are pictures of the entire tear down and and reinstall of the new clutch and transmission at least up to the new clutch. I figure everyboby already knows what it looks like when the drive shaft and transmission are already in it. And you can see what broke.
Clutchjob002-1.jpg

The new clutch kit.
Clutchjob006.jpg

Clutchjob007.jpg

Clutchjob008.jpg

Clutchjob011.jpg

Clutchjob013.jpg

Don't worry all you hard cores, I put a new ujoint on the drive shaft.
only replaced what needed to be.

Clutchjob014.jpg

Clutchjob015.jpg

At this point you hear that suck/popping sound when the drive shaft exits the trans oil seal.

Clutchjob016.jpg

Clutchjob017.jpg

Clutchjob018.jpg

This thing wieghs 175lbs. You can get it out by yourself. But you aint getting it back in by yourself.

Clutchjob021.jpg

Clutchjob023.jpg

Taking the bell housing out.

Clutchjob025.jpg

Clutchjob026.jpg

Clutchjob028.jpg

Here's Johnny!:mad

Clutchjob029.jpg

Here I could see right away laying down in the bell housing what broke on the clutch.

Clutchjob030.jpg

Clutchjob032.jpg

Clutchjob033.jpg

Old clutch.

Clutchjob034.jpg

Clutchjob036.jpg

Sorry my engine compartment isn't detailed. I've been to busy making the car mechanically sound which I think is more important right now.
I'll make her engine pretty later.

Clutchjob037.jpg

New clutch installed.

Clutchjob038.jpg

Clutchjob039.jpg

Clutchjob042.jpg

I've heard some poeple complain that they didn't like these tires because they didn't look very fat in the photo's they have seen online. And I do agree the photo's don't do them justice. But in real life they are fat as hell. 315/35/ZR17 is still 315/35/ZR17. And these tires stick to the road like you would'nt believe. They are an ultra performance tire ZR rated for 186mph. These are the same tires they put on the ferrari's.

Clutchjob043.jpg

Vettepictures001.jpg

Vettepictures002.jpg

Vettepictures003.jpg

Vettepictures006.jpg

I'll bet your wondering how the new clutch feels. Awsome. I would have to let my clutch pedal almost all the way out before it would grab. Now I just beraly let it out and it grabs immedietly. It feels like it has more torque. Now I'm going to go enjoy the fruits of my labor. Salute:beer

Nice post, thanks.

:)

very nice job on the pics. so the throwout bearing broke . I wonder how often this happens??? just glad you got her done . and go have some fun with her . you way earned it:D

Awesome thread!

Do you think you could write up a detailed article on how you replaced the clutch and provide subtitles to the pictures you posted?

I'd like to include your work in our How-To section here on the site. :)

Awesome thread!

Do you think you could write up a detailed article on how you replaced the clutch and provide subtitles to the pictures you posted?

I'd like to include your work in our How-To section here on the site. :)

Has this been completed yet? I find the photos very helpful, but a nice how-to walkthrough would be fantastic. If this hasn't been completed, anyone have any links to a walkthough clutch change on a C4?

I'm about to undertake the clutch change in my 1987 this weekend and any helpful hints would certainly be very much welcomed.

thanks all!
Mike B

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom