Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Here we go...Texas Mo Speedway

68Roadster

Corvette
'68 White Vert '05 Silverado SS
Hardcore NASCAR customers arrived today and the next 3 days will be filled with racing....up early, fighting traffic, walking many miles, the smell of tire smoke, 3 hour waits to get out of the parking lot, getting home late and starting over the next day.
Tomorrow is Cup qualifying and the IROC race. Pretty psyched about the IROC, I have never been to one.
The scanner is on charge, digi camera battery on charge, headsets packed, scanner freqs printed off, just needs some lawn chairs, grub and grog....
I'm glad this only comes twice a year cause by the time Sunday nite rolls around I'm tired of it all.....
But it is great to see old friends (thats what makes them better than customers) and enjoy a weekend of horsepower and noise.
Will post some pics come Monday.

Go Jr.

dale-jr-tin.jpg

Have Fun!

I love the atmosphere on Race Day…I would be in the wrong line of work if I didn’t.

This is the first weekend of the GP2 and F3 season and we are busting our butts to be ready. F3 looks good, Nicolas Prost, son of the World Champion driver, is in the #3 car and looking good. We have the team to bring home our 6th straight F3 Championship.

GP2 is a lot harder and a thousand times more political. The Team owner is making the Ballziest move in racing by putting his #1 F3 driver from last year in the #2 GP2car. At 18 Javi will be the youngest driver on the grid. That is why Alfonso and I are friends. When he believes in somebody he will stake everything on them. He knows that Javi, due to his lack of experience on the International Circuits, will spend the entire season learning the race tracks and the car with little chance of scoring many points but he is willing in making the investment in this young driver’s future and put off trophy hunting until 2007.

Ahhh I love the smell of Fossil Fuel in the morning.:lou

SV,
Let us know how it turns out this weekend......
The kid has to learn sometime right??

Qualifying was excellent....lost money on that one. I had Newman and Kahne goes out at the end a rips one helluva fast lap...
The IROC was awesome. Martin, Kenseth, Stewart and Truex were duelling. Lost money there too! I had Kenseth and he got "smoked" at the end.
Everyone was begging Tony to climb the fence and he finally succumbed to the crowd!
Can't wait til tomorrow....

6 Shooter said:

.....weren't Junyah's first Busch AND Cup wins at TMS?????

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom