Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hey folks, haven't owned a Corvette in 30 years... should i scratch the itch again?

ThrottleUp

Does anybody know what would be a drop-dead date to order a 2011 corvette? I don't want to wait too long to order my Vette and then find it's too late to build a 2011.
Due to finances, I need a little longer to buy the car with an increased down payment and it may not happen in time to order before the model-year change-over.
If I knew what 2012 changes will be made I wouldn't sweat-it. I hope the 2012 still has the same LS3 not a "dumbed-down" version or something else, I also want the convertible, manual shift and Jetstream Blue, but have heard these will be dropped....... I don't want to risk losing the opportunity to order it my way in 2011 and take my Museum delivery if these changes are really coming.
Although this would be my 4th Vette and my favorite color is blue (specifically the '67 Marina Blue, '66 Nassau Blue, or '69 LeMans Blue), the Jetstream Blue is as close as i've seen to these in a while.
Is there a find-out for certain what options will be available for the 2012 model?:)

Welcome To The CAC

Why don't you just talk to your Chevrolet dealership. Or you could contact one of our supporting dealers.

Hi there,

Rather than continuing to save up for a 2012, why not consider buying one that is one or two years old? The depreciation is enormous the first year or so, and there are many Corvettes around that have extremely low miles. Everything would be less expensive...the initial cost, the insurance, any taxes, etc., etc.

Some would say that I offer this as an alternative because I sell "used Corvettes" ;), and that may be true, but I can't see buying brand new!!

Elaine

Hi, thanks GSDiva (Corvette Mike), Jrose7004 and Remo, i can tell this is an involved group and it will be fun :happyanim:
I've had used ones and new, this time want to go for a new one the way i wanted it (have it your way sort of thing).

I asked a dealer about ordering a 2012 vs a 2011 and his focus was on what is on his lot, which I can understand...... then he suggested a couple of important options that may be eliminated in 2012 that would disappoint me.

Hi, thanks GSDiva (Corvette Mike), Jrose7004 and Remo, i can tell this is an involved group and it will be fun :happyanim:
I've had used ones and new, this time want to go for a new one the way i wanted it (have it your way sort of thing).

I asked a dealer about ordering a 2012 vs a 2011 and his focus was on what is on his lot, which I can understand...... then he suggested a couple of important options that may be eliminated in 2012 that would disappoint me.

The dealer has no clue what options will, or will not, be available. The dealers mantra is sell what you got.

GM rarely deletes options.

Welcome to the Forum ThrottleUp. :w You should get what you want. If you have to wait for the 2012 then so be it.
Like was said - they want to sell what they have now. They would never tell you to wait till the new ones come out.

It is just like going to a retail store and they say - "this is the last one we have" -------- the rest of the sentence is "on display right now, there are more in the back".

That said, the color could be a one year only color. I doubt they will drop any options, but they might move them into other packages. Good Luck.

Scratche where it itches!!!!

Make the leap they haven't made a bad one yet most of it is just personal preference :cool!:

Lot of changes in 30 years some good some better some just for changes :L

I thought buildout dates were in September but not really sure either.

Good luck in whatever you decided,
Bill :happyanim:

Welcome to CAC!!!!
scratch that itch!!!!!!!!!:happyanim::happyanim:

Ok i'm certifiable nuts, ordered the new vette with JSB just cause i wanted the color

Could have waited for the 2012, would have made more sense and it probably would have been even more polished than 2011, I already have a perfectly good car to drive (2005 CTS Sport) and here I go with the convertible in JSB....... don't like the black top though, can i get a white one somewhere?

It's a museum delivery so i'm all excited..... I owe all it to you guys, you just kept on pushing and pushing until I did it...... at least that's what I tell myself and my gf! ha;LOL

It's a museum delivery so i'm all excited..... I owe all it to you guys, you just kept on pushing and pushing until I did it...... at least that's what I tell myself and my gf! ha;LOL

So from this I assume congratulations :cool!: may be in order; would that be correct?

Waitng and antisipation is maybe 1/2 the fun, well maybe 1/4 :happyanim:at anyrate it will make the delivery day that much more special!

Bill :beer

6 shooter your car looks GAWGEOUS!!

I should compliment you on your fine taste in colors...... hehe :beer

Last week was a frenzy, the order was placed just in time but JSB production was closed (seems the imminent demise of JSB caused a run on those orders).... and the order would not be accepted!

But this dealer is made of the right stuff, would not accept GM's response and worked magic to reinstate the order. I was made proud to work with such a standup guy!

Cheers, TPW 4/4/11. :D

Throttleup congrats!

When the JSB came out in 2008 it was a had to have it moment for me ....if GM is putting it away for awile I'm not surprised. Maybe something else as awesome will replace it. Gonna have to slip by that side of town and see what I can find out.

Information Age? Not this time...

They say we live in the information age, but neither my research (everywhere the internet goes) or questions, whether to dealers, celebrity automotive commentators, journals, long-time Corvette Club members didn't yield one hint of a Jetstream Blue replacement (other than a strong rumor about Carbon Black being introduced) for 2012.

Of course the industry is geared to sell this year's production with a focus on what's on the lot or in transit, and they've done a good job of keeping secret some upcoming 2012 changes.

No regrets here, I feel excited like a little kid waiting for Christmas, but I'm just saying.......

Will put-up pics of my old Vettes and my camera won't stop clicking from the moment I arrive in Bowling Green to pick it up!

:chuckle

I work just down the road at Western Kentucky University, been there just over 6 years now, in Kentucky for 8, I love Bowling Green, love seeing corvettes everyday of the year. Mine will be one of those out and about as soon as the rain dries up on Tuesday. I can certainly understand you anticipation......and the wait :bu

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom