Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hey Ken / Be Cool Radiators

B

Burnnrubber

Just received a new "Be Cool" radiator (PN60046) via Fed Ex this morning.
I purchased it from a guy on EBay (Item# 1818793270) that apparently wholesales seconds so it did not come with any instructions Etc. I tried to install it into my radiator box this afternoon & it does not fit correctly. I went to Be Cool's web site & found fitment codes "A" & "L" code "A" deals with an Auto Trans. & code "L" calls out: Fan Spacer Upper #72006 & Fan Spacer Lower # 72007. I remember reading one of your posts that said you had purchased a Be Cool radiator.
Can you provide any insight on the spacers? How do you like your radiator so far?

Burnnrubber said:
How do you like your radiator so far?

I like it just fine. As a matter-of-fact, I like it so much I haven't taken it out of the box yet! :L

My engine build is complete, but my installer is tied up with a ZR-1 currently. I'm hoping to get it in the shop for the swap next week.

Unless there are spacers in the box, I don't recall any mention of them when I ordered it.

_ken

You project is well ahead of mine I just took my block to the machinist Thursday.
From what I have read on their site it appears they require you to order the spacers separately. I looked at the situation again & I suspect the spacers they sell replace the factory rubber pads, upper & lower. I plan on calling them Monday morning to check.
Oh and by the way, when you do open the box you will find (1) real well built radiator. They are much thicker than stock and it appears to have (1) additional core.

Called & spoke with the "Tech" rep at Be-Cool this morning. He didn't have a clue. Apparently the guy who engineered all the installations & took the dimensions from the vehicles no longer works at Be-Cool. At my insistance he had to go get the spacers that are called out under the fitment note "L" ( PN 72006 & 72007). These spacers move the electric fan Assy. away from the new radiator, or put another way towards the firewall. I hope you got the spacers with your radiator as they cost $50 each. The best Tech advice he could lend was that I would probably just need to cut my old upper & lower rubber pads to fit the new radiator. Must be a Charmed Life as a Tech rep over at Be-Cool.

Those so-called "help" lines can be frustrating as hell, eh Jim?

At any rate, I'm not going to worry about mine until I reach that point; my main concern is just getting the damn engine in place! I've heard that the rubber mounts might have to be trimmed, I was unaware of the spacers, but I'm sure my installer will be able to handle it. Thanks for the tips. :upthumbs

_ken

Kind of like the drive thru at McDonalds

Its nothing new to me, always something. You know if I was smart I would get me an installer & quit learing everything the hard way.
I'm setting here calculating compression ratios for the new LT4+ engine based on various deck heights & piston valve reliefs & even "inverted dome" piston volumes. With off the shelf 14.5 cc inverted dome JE pistons I'm too low 10.3:1 / with 5 cc valve relief flat tops I'm too high 11.1:1 and I've already printed off a small rain forest worth of piston/head gasket/ Specs. Re-calculated 20 different combos & I still can't get to 10.8:1 & keep the deck/quench height at .048-.050 with a 54.4 cc combustion chamber. (Not many choices on LT series head gaskets)
I plan on getting the radiator reassembled into the air box this week I will follow-up & pass along any tricks I come up with.

Anybody install one of these $599 beast yet?

Thinking of taking the plunge but hate to shell out the cash for a dud or a big headache:bash

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom