Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hey Y'all - What was the name of this C5's color?

Corvette
2012 💯 4LT GS Roadster
35kpfr9.jpg

:lou

i agree with jane ann.. looks to me like the purple pearl metallic.... i had a friend who had a ram air firebird in that color and thats a lot what it looked like... looked awesome with a fresh polish in the direct sun

I agree with Jane Ann- if you scroll across and look at the front end (slightly better quality light), there's a slight purple hue.

I believe it's Amethyst.

That looks like a custom color, not a factory C5 color. The car has a high rise after market hood, so that confirms at minumum, that it was painted.

I Remember It Well

It was not a popular color and some Corvette people jokingly called it "eggplant".:L

rr-530.jpg

Hands down Medium purple pearl metallic. There wasn't that many sprayed that color.

I was not a popular color and some Corvette people jokingly called it "eggplant".:L

Still beautiful though!!!

Its probably a respray of medium purple pearl metalic, thats why its a little darker than the factory spray.

I was not a popular color and some Corvette people jokingly called it "eggplant".:L

It is an unusual color, but I like it. The convertibles I've seen in photos look good with the tan top. :thumb Now, if it were the same color as eggplant, that would look good! :_rock

:wJane Ann

Its probably a respray of medium purple pearl metalic, thats why its a little darker than the factory spray.

It probably just looks darker because of the way the picture was taken. You could take a picture of the exact same car at the exact same time with two different cameras and get two totally different looking results. Same goes with monitors, everyone's monitor is going to be calibrated slightly different so the color of the exact same picture will look vastly different from one to the next. As someone who has worked in the publishing business for 17 years doing color correction in Photoshop, I can tell you that monitor calibration can change the color of something quite drastically.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom