Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hey Y'all - What was the name of this C5's color?

You are right about that Patman. But I doubt the owner had just the new hood sprayed. Looks like they shot the whole car, to match the paint. GM metalics are very hard to match up. The colors vary in shades alot, depending on when and where they where shot. My best friend owns an auto body, been though it many times. Resprays can look great, but its tough to get the exact perfectly matched color, especially metalics.

Not bad for a "purple" car ... not bad at all.

Reminds me of shopping for my wife's Saab. Wow .... here was a car on the lot that was like $3,000 cheaper than any other other deal I could find .. but ... plus it was 4 door with all leather and sunroof and all!

But, the sales guy says "you have to close the deal right now" ... like this was at 9 at night. The car looked like a semi-dark (but odd), radiant blue.

Made me suspicious ... why now? .... couldn't wait till the morning to bring her out. Fortunately the manager overrode his "close now" thing and gave me till 10 the next morning.

Wifey and I got there and in the sunlight the thing was this wild-day-glow-wierd ... purple ... but weird ... like the car changed at different angles. Like Ray Charles or Stevie or Helen Keller might have loved it but ....

:eyerole

I did own a wild purple Nissan long bed Pick-Em-Up .... purple with yellow racing stripes. My buddy was a cart racer and it was his "colors".

I loved it when friends would borrow the truck to pick up stuff at Home Depot or furniture or something.

All rusted out and jacked up too. I loved watching the "business tycoon" from down the street driving away in my "Jed Clampett Special" .... in his blue button down and Bass Weejuns.

Not bad for a "purple" car ... not bad at all.

Reminds me of shopping for my wife's Saab. ...........

Oh, no, that's not the best one I've heard...

When my sister and brother-in-law were teens, still in high school and dating, my future BIL called her one night and told her he'd bought a new (to him) '71 Plymouth Duster. He told her it was a nice one, red with a white top.

The next day when he drove up in it, we nearly hurt ourselves laughing and ribbing him. The thing was just as purple as purple can be.

That's when we learned BIL was color blind.:rotfl

:wJane Ann

What are the wheels? Don't remember seeing anything like that. :confused

Hey Six Shooter - that is my 98 c5 purple pearl coupe - 6 sp. - carbon fiber inside & under the hood - - The wife & I drove from RI to BG - then down the west coast of FL to Key West - then up the east coast - - 4,975.3 miles. GREAT RIDE!
No problems at all - Pearl is a great ride.

Paul

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom