Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hi,from Alabama.

It's your hello thread and we love pic's, so post away! Any pic's of the drag car?

As for the Dragon, I'd really suggest running it in your car first...or do you have a big enough trailer to tow both maybe? Car first would most likely be a good idea a couple of times though. Weekends can be bad, especially during the summer, we got lucky last year and didn't have much extra traffic at all, it was also october so that helped a little. When you do manage to get there with your bike, just don't get in over your head, you don't want to add to the Tree of Shame! The Tail is loaded with really tight curves, some of them decreasing in radius, some off camber and some that drop off a bit in the middle of the curve, it's more noticable on a bike and easy to lose the front end. I've been wanting to go back since the day we left last time, the trip we did in october was one of the best trips I've had over there.

Welcome to the :CAC Dave
ACORVETTE81REDCORVETTE81REDCORVE-2.jpg

:upthumbs

Tammy......Caught in the rain...I have been there before! I rode to Illinois and only made it about 50 miles out and it started POURING! I was a rookie and on the interstate 65. Traffic was running 70-80 mph in the rain....I was passed by a 18 wheeler and I got so paranoid I had to pull over! I have gotten much better, but I am still a fair weather rider!:) Please share your bike pics, too!
:J
RR99.....You are right, I will take the car first...so I can get to know the road! I am so excited, I just want to head that way, now. Is there a vette meet in October?

Nobody Cares....Thank you! I love that color! It is awesome!

Here is a pic of my bike...

RR99.....You are right, I will take the car first...so I can get to know the road! I am so excited, I just want to head that way, now. Is there a vette meet in October?
Now about the offer for a trip down the track...does that car even have a passenger seat in it anymore, or do I get to sit on the hood and just hang onto the hood scoop praying I don't lose my grip? :eek:hnoes Looks like you need to have someone check out the motor though, that things smokin so bad you almost can't even see the back tires!;LOL

As for an october meet going to the TotD, there's not exactly one yet... but I think it's safe to say that there will be. Several of the people from last year want to do it again, or atleast do something on this side of the country since CruiseFest 07 is out west and some people want to get together but can't make that trip, which I have no clue if I'll make it or not myself. A couple of times I'd heard people mention the idea of wanting to make the TotD trip a yearly trip.

You're damn right we'll be making the trip since I started the whole freakin' thing last summer and then didn't get to go when I got sick at the last minute. :mad Hmmmph. Y'all just try to back out on me. ;squint:

:D

Nice pix!! Love that color!!

BTW - If I can't make CruiseFest I'm going to the Dragon even earlier too.;)

:w Jane Ann

You're damn right we'll be making the trip since I started the whole freakin' thing last summer and then didn't get to go when I got sick at the last minute. :mad Hmmmph. Y'all just try to back out on me. ;squint:

:D

Nice pix!! Love that color!!

BTW - If I can't make CruiseFest I'm going to the Dragon even earlier too.;)

:w Jane Ann

Back out on you? Not a chance! I'll go back this fall one way or another even if I go by myself! :cool (note to self....remember the video camera this time!!) I've actually been working on trying to get another car club headed there for a spring trip, but not having much success. :W I'm considering making a short trip there somewhere around the first of may, give or take a week or two, so if any of ya'll want to show up for a day or so, let me know.

Alley-
Wow, I love your toys. The bike looks fantastic! And the drag car too! Way :cool

As for the tail of the dragon. We WILL be doing a fall run, and a May run sounds good too. Pencil me in on that one, Charlie. (You are such a good leader :upthumbs) Hope you can make it on one or both of those trips, Alley. (Here is a link to some pics- click)

Alley,I don't have a "portrait" shot of the bike, just this snapshot from the "daily driver" thread.
IMG_7798a.jpg

Tammy

Tammy.....Thank you very much! I love the color of your bike. Is it a copper orange? We aren't too far from the Dragon and I would love to meet there. The link with the pics on it looked like fun!:Twist Sign me up!

RR99....I'll check it out!.

I got my interior trim package installed today...check it out!!:D

Welcome to CORVETTE ACTION CENTER Alley, your blue coupe is dynomite, the new interior package looks awesome too! I love the drag Vette as well; I feel the need for speed now!

I know you will enjoy it here; it is the best Corvette forum on the internet and the members are absolutely awesome to say the least.

Take care and stay in touch,

Bill :w

Tammy.....Thank you very much! I love the color of your bike. Is it a copper orange?

Yes! It is almost a perfect match for Daytona Sunset Metallic. I have a piece that was stamped out of one of the DSOM's from the Bowling Green plant, so I've compared the colors side by side :L.

I'm keeping the copper bike in hopes that one day I'll have a DSOM Z06 to match :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom