Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

HID Conversion kit for C5

BoDuke

Corvette
'04, Triple black Vert, '13 Grand Sport 3LT Coupe
Anyone have any experience with the HID kits out there? I run the Sylvania Super Star bulbs in all my vehicles, which is an improvement over the OEM. I've thought about HID's since I got my C5, but don't know one kit from another, and how to determine which is better.

Starr has a complete assembly that runs about $700. Corvette Mod's has a conversion kit, with resistor, 55w balasts, and fog light kit, runnin' about $300 after you upgrade and add everything they recommend, but they don't really tell ya what's included...just bulbs and some wires?? ;shrug What I do know is, I'm NOT spending a couple grand for headlights or going with those goofy half open/half closed lookin' things...not my style.

If anyone would like to share ideas or perspectives, I'd sure listen! Thx in advance! The links below are the kits I've been looking at.

Corvette HID Headlamp

Corvette C5 97-04 HID Headlight Low Beam Conversion Kit

Last edited:
Lots of choices, I wouldn't do it, but it looks great on this bad boy...

2whh4ba.jpg

I installed the Radioflyer Bi-Xenon kit last week and am very pleased with the improvement. Installation was really very simple. This is one of those mods that makes you feel the car should have come with these from the factory. Great product.

I installed the Radioflyer Bi-Xenon kit last week and am very pleased with the improvement. Installation was really very simple. This is one of those mods that makes you feel the car should have come with these from the factory. Great product.

You are 100% correct! Chevy should have put these in from the start.

Radioflyer's non-bi-xenon ACA kit installed last year.
4300 HID Fog's and 4300 HID lows.

Attachments

• Hid frontal 75% resize.jpg
    Hid frontal 75% resize.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 225

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom