Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

HID Highbeam problem.

mrfixer

Corvette
I have had Hid low-beams and Fogs for a while and they are great! I put some 55w Hid High beams in and the road is dark.wtf do the stock housings point to high? Its got me baffled??

Could be that the HID bulbs, tho' they do light the road better, are not optimal for light diffusion with stock lenses. Been there done that. Park close to a wall at nite and aim the lights at it. if the highs are above about 36" they are way too high.

I went a completely different route because the stock lens enclosures are NOT made for HID bulbs. The fog light lenses are but not the headlight lenses. I went the Hella Light route. I then rewired things so that my low beams stay on when I switch to the HID high beams. That way, I'm not driving in complete darkness for seconds while the high beams are heating up. Once all 4 are on at the same time, I look like a 747 going down the runway.

light_cannons.jpg

wreck60.jpg

wreck55.jpg

IMG_1170.jpg

angel_eyes.jpg

I went a completely different route because the stock lens enclosures are NOT made for HID bulbs. The fog light lenses are but not the headlight lenses. I went the Hella Light route. I then rewired things so that my low beams stay on when I switch to the HID high beams. That way, I'm not driving in complete darkness for seconds while the high beams are heating up. Once all 4 are on at the same time, I look like a 747 going down the runway.

Junkman, btw are you THE Junkman from Youtube?) How much fab did you have to do to fit the Hella's and where did you get them from?
Thanks!!

Yes, I am the Same Junkman and I didn't have to do any fabrication at at. It was already done for me by RadioFlyer over at CF.

Yes, but it's an old kit. I don't know if he still does that style. This has to be over 7 years ago.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom