Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: HID low beam head lamps

Richard Marvin

Corvette
2004 zO6 COMMEMORATIVE EDITION
;shrugI have been trying to install new HID low beam head lamps on my 2004 ZO6 and I can't get the old HID light out. I went on google and thy suggest I take it to the dealer. You folks out in Corvette land know just how hard the dealership would stick me (Help)

A 2004 Corvette did not have HID headlights, at least, they were not stock.

If you are trying to remove an existing HID headlight prior to replacing it with another HID, then the HID which is there now must have been installed by a previous owner. As HIDs were aftermarket items, maybe you can contacted the maker of the HID which is already installed for help.

Last edited:
HID lights

A 2004 Corvette did not have HID headlights, at least, they were not stock.

If you are trying to remove an existing HID headlight prior to replacing it with another HID, then the HID which is there now must have been installed by a previous owner. As HIDs were aftermarket items, maybe you can contacted the maker of the HID which is already installed for help.
I am aware the ZO6 didn't come with the HID lights and I also tried to talk to the makers and of course none of them speak English so when I asked them what did you say a few times they just hung the phone up. I'm not giving up I'll keep asking and looking--Thanks Hib:w

I am aware the ZO6 didn't come with the HID lights and I also tried to talk to the makers and of course none of them speak English so when I asked them what did you say a few times they just hung the phone up. I'm not giving up I'll keep asking and looking--Thanks Hib:w

Do you have the stock, rectangular shaped headlight inclosures? If so, the bulb comes out just like the stock bulb comes out. You turn the bulb in the direction of the arrows in this picture. Turning the bulb may be difficult if it has been in there awhile so you may have to remove the entire headlight in order to get leverage. It takes about 10 minutes to remove the entire headlight so that's what I do in a case where the bulbs won't turn.

hlight_assembly.jpg

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom