Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

HIDs are installed!!

• Thread starter Thread starter DDSLT5
  • Start date Start date
D

DDSLT5

Yesterday, I went in search of solving my INFL REST light woes (more on that in another thread) and decided to install my HID lights for the C4 from Sylvania as well. Took lots of pics, and I'll post some tomorrow hopefully. Some minor modifications were done, and by 3 am (started at 3 pm, took my sweet time) I was done.

These suckers look awesome!!! The HID stays on all the time, and in high beam mode, the latest technology Xenon bulb lamps help out. Really white light, and very wide spread pattern.

The look of the car with the HIDs is killer - if anyone is interested is where I ordered them online, let me know, and I'll post the site.

So, at 3:30 AM, I took her out to test and tune, so to speak. It was warm all day, and the roads were dry and free from salt and debris (thats right, 38 F is warm!!). I was able to exercise the secondaries suitably, and had one very satisfying run through 3rd and a little of 4th - to 135 mph!!! The HIDs performed flawlessly - you can really see the road well.

:_rock

Are those the ones with the really blue light. I bet they look cool.
Joel

Why did it take 12 hour's? Just curious, is there something we should know? :)

4cefed said:
Are those the ones with the really blue light. I bet they look cool.
Joel

Why did it take 12 hour's? Just curious, is there something we should know? :)

You should know that my garage is roughly designed for 1/2 a car. So I have to move it to one side, do my business, move it back, do my business, move it back.... you get the idea!!

There is some modifications of the existing wiring harness required, and disassembly of the rear wheel well, battery removed, battery holder removed and vent side piece as well.

I'd never removed any of these parts before, so I was a little slow. Also, I was working on cleaning all the connections for grounds and positives as well - as well as cleaning the SIR sensors to reset my INFL REST light too.

I removed the wheel, but in retrospect, this isn't necessary. Knowing what I know now, I could do the entire install in 3 hours max, likely 2 hours if I have room to manuevre.

Is your car a 90 Joel? I thought it was. Did you ever suffer from the INFL REST light woes? I believe I've solved the problem now, and I think I'll write it up for KOTH.

Hope your car kicks ass!!!

Dwight

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom