Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

HIGH LIFT DOOR INSTALLED

Toms007

Corvette
2007 Atomic Orange Coupe
Ok, here's the final product. The door guys were here today and got the additional panel (24" high) installed and 9' vertical tracks. They moved everything up near the ceiling (as close as we could get it to achieve the most headroom possible), added new heavier springs and some additional support beams to the door. Now I can put the Vette on the lift (backed in so hood is toward the door side of the garage) and raise it as high as it will go and I still have about 3 1/2 - 4" clearance to the ceiling.

Here's a picture of the door hugging the ceiling.
garageremodel-fourpostliftassemb-15.jpg

garageremodel-fourpostliftassemb-16.jpg

One of my son-in-law standing under the Vette (as high as it will go) that's a 6' ladder there.
garageremodel-fourpostliftassemb-17.jpg

This one shows the amount of space between the door/hood and ceiling.
garageremodel-fourpostliftassemb-18.jpg

This one shows the new panel that was installed to gain the needed space for the high lift.
garageremodel-fourpostliftassemb-22.jpg

And a couple here to demonstrate one of the reasons for doing all this work...so I can get all three of my vehicles in the garage. "Me on top and the wife on the bottom" :L
garageremodel-fourpostliftassemb-21.jpg

garageremodel-fourpostliftassemb-23.jpg

Well I got the next step completed. I got the materials to build my cabinets last week and got them built. I used 3/4" melamine for the sides, shelves, and doors. The backs were 1/2" melamine as I wanted to make sure of the cabinet stability. I built two identical cabinets 42" wide 97" deep and 16 3/4" deep.

Here's the way it looked before.
garageremodel-fourpostliftassemb-11.jpg

The first picture was right after I got them screwed to the walls.
NewCabinetsingarage001.jpg

These were after the cabinets were loaded up and of course I had to get the C4 emblem mounted. :D
NewCabinetsingarage006.jpg

NewCabinetsingarage004.jpg

NewCabinetsingarage003.jpg

Total cost for the cabinets was about $350. Looks like I have some painting on the walls to do now.

16 3/4" Deep..... YOU know how to build a cabnet :upthumbs

Looks great Tom.. garage cabnets are on MY Too Do list... once I get ma's list done ;)

I likey ;)

Bud

Thanks, Charlie. And yes, you are correct, Ma's to-do list adds up fast!

OK, after looking at the pictures and seeing the lone C4 emblem, I went to work on my computer and came up with a couple more. I had the metal shop teacher cut them out with the CNC plasma cutter, I painted them up and put them on two more of the doors. I have three more in the works! What do you think?

NewCabinetsingarage007.jpg

NewCabinetsingarage008.jpg

:upthumbs Tom.. nice finishing touch ;)

Bud

Well I'm not against it...it would be nice if it would help. ;)

I got a couple more emblems done....three more in the works. Here's the latest with the two new ones installed. The one emblem (second from right, top row) is one that I made up for myself. The other new one I copied off a 1964 side fender emblem (actually I had one of my advanced drafting students do it) then we had the metal shop cut them out. I have a two more ready for painting a 63-64 nose emblem and another that I made up of my own, kind of based off the NCM emblem. These are cut from 3/32" thick sheet metal.

garageremodel-fourpostliftassemb-24.jpg

Update on emblems....

Corvetteemblems003.jpg

I have one to go.....

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom