Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hinge pillar post

sofast4u

Corvette
1069 cortez silver
I need help. i was installing speakers in the footwells (body mount #2) and i found badly rusted area on drivers side.
Has anybody had issues with the hinge pillar how much of a PITA is it to get to and what does it entail does the body need to come off or can it be repaired on the frame............and here i thought i could just enjoy the summe, now i have this to f=deal wiith;help;shrug

It can be repaired without removing the body from the frame but its not as easy.Remove the body bolt and bushing ,make the repair and replace the bolt and bushing.I guess I should say this all depends on how bad it is

If the bottom of the pillar post is rotted out most likely the windshield frame has suffered heavy rot also. Not a fun fix- been there done that. C3s are unfortunately famous for birdcage rust.

Pillar post

If the bottom of the pillar post is rotted out most likely the windshield frame has suffered heavy rot also. Not a fun fix- been there done that. C3s are unfortunately famous for birdcage rust.

windshield seems to be OK!!!! just the drivers side #2 mount. if it can be doe without frame off than it manageable... will see i just need A STEP BY STEP
the bottom portion of the mount seems to be the culprit and i need to replace where the bolt hole is the bottom piece.... any suggestions somebody has had to have done this

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom