Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Holley Carb. Mounting Gasket info needed

bobmanx

Corvette
1967 White Convert. 327/350hp, 4 spd, with A/C
Holley Carb. Mounting Gasket info needed for a 67 Corvette

First off, thanks for all the previous help with my 67 convertible, everyone has been great and supportive.

My question this time is about the Holley 3810 4 barrel mounting gasket, where it mounts to the intake manifold. Its a 327/350 Hp, 4 spd with A/C and I just had the carb worked on to replace a sticky needle/seat and a new float. I also purchased the "new" gasket and it is different. The one that was on the car is a fiber/metal/fiber laminated gasket. The "new" replacement one is a black fiber almost cardboard material (no metal sandwiched in the middle). Is there a "correct" gasket type? Not worried about NCRS just reliability and function being correct.

I can not reuse or would not reuse the old gasket, but do not want to assemble the carb to the manifold if this is not a reliable type of gasket.

Also where would one get the other type of gasket, a dealer, LIC, or others so it was right?

I also purchased the fuel line from the pump to the carb, would it be smarter to install a inline fuel filter between the pump and the carb, other than just relying on the Holley inlet filter to limit the crud? (new tank and lines to the pump already installed) just trying to be careful and limit any dirty fuel from causing carb problems. I only run premium Unocal 76 in it.

Thanks for the past, current and future answers to help with my Corvette.

Bob

The gasket on my car is of the "cardboard" type. It was purchased from a vendor who is very meticulous about selling correct parts.

On the gasline I am pretty leery about using rubber line or connections in the engine bay. If you wish to install a supplementary filter I would put it near the gas tank, away from heat. Or rig up a metal connection set 1963-65 style if the tank option does not appeal.

carbproject08.jpg

The gasket in Paul's photo is the correct/original type, and will work fine. I wouldn't bother to add an external filter; I've run Holleys for many years (including the 3810 on my '67) without external filters, and have never had any kind of fuel filter-related problem. With a new tank and lines, it'll be a LONG time before you'll have any fuel filter restriction issues.
:beer

Paul79 and JohnZ,

If you guys bless it, then I'll take it as gospel! Thanks for the quick answers on both the gasket and the filter. I will use the filter on another car (not a Corvette) that is just in need of such a item.

Thanks!

Bob

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom