Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Holley Projection??

M&W's72vette

Corvette
Idaho's only twin turbo big block 72 vette
Has anybody played with the Holley Projection setups? I would like to know how well they run and what to look for if buying a used one from e bay? I am gettin sick of my holley 750 double pumper always blowing power valves even after I installed the checkvalve in the baseplate.

Thanks,
Mike

I had a 2Di system while I was piecing my TPI together. Dead reliable, and a child could set one up.

They are OK. They can consume much time to fine tune. Otherwise they are decent TBI based systems. They are not as advanced as the true multiport systems.

However.... if the ECU ever goes bad, you may be waiting a while before ou get another. You can't buy those at NAPA with yours as the core.

Are the newer ones digital and the older units analog?

There are 3 main ECU generations from Holley:

The original projection was an analog model. Easy to spot by the knobs that control mixture. No timing control possible.

Next came the 2D and 4D models. They were digital and fairly decent. They also had version that could control timing (2Di and 4Di, I believe).

In 2001 the Commander 950 was introduced. This is a much more advanced ECU. It has more detailed fuel and timing control compared to the older digital model. It comes in both TBI and MPI systems, but the actual ECU is the same.

I'm running the C950 (MPI) on my 454 and like it a lot.

/Markus

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom