Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hood Alignment?

MR. T.

Corvette
1977 Light Blue
I have another question I have a hood alignment issue. The hood is flush at the front and almost flush at the back, but along the sides it is about 1/4" - 1/3" lower, it is equal along both sides. There are no Hood Alignment bumpers, but looking at photos of different cars it appears that many do not use them. Is this something that can be added to make the hood line up or is there something else amiss? Thanks

I have them on mine...
I put mine on a nice hot sunny day then,instead of letting the hood slam shut I pushed it closed,till the latches hooked.

:w Mr. T.

This is a great subject, with lot's of threads about it..

In the process of R&R'ing my '81 (RARE 81) I posted to this Thread (about hood alignment/adjustment) ...

If you use the "Search" feature in the blue bar above the advertiser banner, drop down menu, then search for Hood Adjustment or Hood Alignment, I found my old thread by using "Rubber Bumpers" :chuckle

Good luck with your project, and post back what worked for you, as this will help someone down the road ;)

Bud

With respect to hood alignment issues, I have a 2011 Convertible in which I could not close the hood when I brought it home after delivery. After adjusting the rubber inserts I managed to get it closed. Took it to my local Chevy who supposedly fixed the problem. Asked what they dis, move the catch forward. About 3 weeks later the same problem occurred, but I managed to fine the right high and location in which the hood would close. The issue I later encountered at my local tire dealership was that they all wanted to open the hood to look at the power plant but were unable to close the hood. Note this dealership in North Scottsdale is one of the most inept concerns I had the displeasure to deal with (couldn't resolve CEL after 4 visits)
After examining the hood I noticed that when it was closed the problem area (passenger side) was siting lower below the fender than the driver side. Major clue which the dealership and there mechanics (I'm being nice here), couldn't notice or just didn't care. In light of the aforementioned, and with this clue I loosen the 3 nuts and move the catch up so it would engage correctly. The procedure resulted in a hood which can easily be closed by anyone, even the service advisers at the dealership which I will never again frequent. Unfortunately, GMC or these bogus dealers haven't taken the time and made the investment to train their personnel. Customer satisfaction is a thing in the past.

when I got the Vanacor hood for my 69, it was a little low in the right side center. I put a piece of 3/8 hose about 6" long in the center of the low spot, closed and latched the hood and went away for a couple of weeks. Fits perfect now.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom