Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Important! Hood Insulation pad

BostonED

Corvette
2003 50th Anniversary red, convertible
Hi All,

I had to replace my 2003, 50th Anniversary hood insulator.

As strange as it sounds, I found it best to order the part directly from a Chevy dealer. (I know).
I tried a couple of other sources-on-line, but when I tried to pay with my credit card, my bank wouldn't allow the transaction. I called the bank,
and they responded by telling me that, the party that I was dealing with, had previous "issues". AKA not a company that you would want to deal with.
So much so, that the bank blocked them from their database. Lucky for both of us.
The Chevrolet part number for the hood insulator: 10285631. The insulator retainers part number is: 20064875. These retainers are easy to find.
Hope this help the group!

I learned a lot from some great people on this site.

Thanks to the Gang that keeps this up and running. I know it's a lot of work.

Cheers to All!

Ed B.

Hi Jrose7004,

Good point. I was going to order from another company, and the shipping charge was $50.00.
If members are looking to replace the insulator pad, I suggest as I mentioned previously, that you order it from a Chevy dealer and pick it up in person. I had to remove it from the box to fit it in my car. It's very fragile, so you need to be careful. If you have a pickup truck you won't have a problem.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
EdB

This may be a dumb question (won't be my first) but what happens if you eliminate the insulating pad? I've seen some cars at shows that seem to have replaced it with polished stainless steel panels. Would heat affect the hood somehow?

This may be a dumb question (won't be my first) but what happens if you eliminate the insulating pad? I've seen some cars at shows that seem to have replaced it with polished stainless steel panels. Would heat affect the hood somehow?
The hood liner is really not needed. Many people remove it and have the under side of the hood spray painted to match the color of your car. It gives a really nice look when the hood is opened instead of that nasty old dirty black insulator that gets dirty over time no matter what you do...
.02 registered
Below is a carbon fiber hood with no insulator.....but your stock hood will still look nice painted...

Last edited:
20170526_145206.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom