Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hoodliner

atmmac

Corvette
1997 Black Corvette
Im trying to paint my hoodliner. How to i get it it off i see all the circles but they dont seem to want to come out!

Thanks,
-Andy

Just gently pull them out. A large screwdriver or putty knife makes it easier.

I used a large flat blade screwdriver. Just pry a little around each one. Don't try to get them out from one side only. However, if you do break one I believe they are cheap to replace.

When you re-install your liner, you may have to hammer them a bit to get them back in. I used the handle end of the screwdriver with no problems.

What paint are you going to use? I want to paint mine also, but I want to make sure that I am using heat resistant materials or whatever so that it doesn't damage the engine & what not...

I painted the liner overall with Krylon flat black to make a good basecoat. Then I detailed the embossing with Testors paint pens. My colors of choice were white, silver and red. All told it took me about 4 hours. And the good thing...if I get tired of the painted liner I can spray it flat black again!

had a young lady from Texas by the name of "MISS PAULA" paint a unique scheme for my 2001 Z - she also did the same scheme on my gas cap

I have decided to go with Ms. Paula H. also. I have sent her my design idea. She was really nice and returned my email right away. I can't wait to see my ideas on the vette canvas...

I finished mine the other day after breaking about 5 of those black things. I just ended up getting all new ones. Talk about expensive i paid 22 bucks for 15 black plastic circles! The hoodliner came out great though!

-Andy

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom